Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!



I had to capture this moment between Katie & Her Daddy. While I was cleaning up the Kitchen - Supper dishes - Katie and Doug were spending time together by playing princess & watching "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs." Katie was having so much fun jumping & bouncing around on her Daddy.

Last night, we invited Millard and Peggy over for Supper. We had T-bone Steaks, baked potatoes, Chef Salad and Strawberry Shortcake with Cool Whip for dessert. I have to say, I was stuffed. Of course, I was the last one to get up from the table. I knew it would be a challenge for me to eat my steak, but it was well worth it! We didn't get to eat until late. Doug wanted to stop by the funeral home on the way home from work last night, to pay his respects to Theresa's family. He left work around 5:30 and called me at 7:00 on his cell phone, saying he was still in line to view the body. He was afraid he wouldn't be able to get home until around 8:30 because there were so many people and the line was barely moving. Millard and Peggy came over to the house around 6:00, so Doug told us to go ahead and eat without him. Since I had already put the meat on the grill at 6:45, I knew he would have to warm his Supper up when he got home. In between flipping the steaks ever so often, I went outside to get the steaks because I knew they had to be done. Unfortuately, we ran out of gas! I cut a small piece on the meat to see if it was done and I wouldn't worry about changing the tanks. Nope! No such luck. Still too raw! Millard and I got the tanks changed out and we were back in business. The steaks were ready to get off the grill by the time Doug drove up in the driveway - at 8:30. I just knew the steaks were going to be tough, but to my surprise they were tender. Katie was wild last night. She was in her usual giggle mood. She would make a face or say something and follow up with "that's funny" and start giggling. She had lots of fun with Grandma Peggy & Paw-Paw Millard. Millard couldn't play too much with her because he was a little under the weather. He had to sit back and watch Peggy play with her. In our salads, Peggy brought some bell pepper and cucumbers. I love bell pepper and cucumbers in my salad. Yum! Doug has even started eating more cucumbers. Anyway, I ate some in my salad and I have paid for it all night long. I guess you would say that I didn't sleep well at all. In fact, I've been up since 2:00 this morning. I heard Katie about 3:30 crying a little in her bed. I didn't think much of it, I figured she had a dream. Then it dawned on me she had cucumbers as well. By 4:30, I couldn't take it anymore, so I got up and checked on Katiebug. Bless her heart, she has a little gas too. Her and I were both taking medicine this morning. I'll have to remember from now on not to eat bell peppers and/or cucumbers late at night.

Today, I plan to wash the outside windows and do a few things around the house. I'm not going to kill myself, like I've been the past couple of days. Later, we'll go and visit my family for Supper. Katie will probably want to go swimming in the big pool, if you call it swimming. She basically likes to hang around the steps of the pool.

We hope all of you have a safe and wonderful Independence Day! Take care and God Bless.

No comments: