Monday, July 23, 2007

Happy Birthday Katie!

I would like to wish our adorable little Princess a very Happy Birthday! We Love You!

I think Katie and myself enjoyed a little rest and relaxation today. As soon as Katie got out of bed, she wanted her Princess skirt on. She wore her Sleeping Beauty skirt all day even during naptime. We colored, played with puzzles, watched movies and played with our baby dolls most of the day. I was able to break away to write "Thank You" notes. Unfortunately, I ran out of stamps. Hopefully, I'll be able to get those out as soon as possible. I haven't noticed lately, but I think there is black cloud over my head. All last week, I've had my shared my bumps, scratches, and bruises. Today was no different! I got to add to that list a burn. I went to get some chicken nuggets out of the oven. I grabbed my new silicone pot holder to pull the cookie sheet out of the 400 degree oven. The heat from the oven rack went right through the silicone holder. Ouch! A blister popped up on my thumb immediately. Dr. Doug told me to put toothpaste on it. Why, I have no idea? I did put some on my thumb. It took a while, but the pain finally went away. Poor Katie, keep a supply of kisses on it because Mommy was hurt. She'd asked me, "Mommy, got a pooh-pooh?" Then she'd kiss it to make it better. She is such a caring soul. I'm almost afraid to find out what is going to happen to my body tomorrow. Especially now since I've covered the scratches, scrapes, cuts, burns, bruises and bumps. I'm afraid the broken bones are coming next. Please pray for me.

I'm still exhausted from the whole party this past week/weekend. It's late and I don't have any pictures ready to post, so I will fill you in on the whole birthday party experience later. Sorry!

No comments: