Friday, July 27, 2007

Katie's Two Year Old Check-Up

YES! We had a very good check-up this time. The doctor thinks she is doing great! She weighs 24 lbs. and 5 oz. According to her growth scale, she is 27% in her age group. She is 34 1/2 inches tall. I can't remember the size of her head, but Dr. Lunsford was making light of it. He asked me, "Doug's got a big head, right?" I confirmed that he did. He told me we would be watching Katie's head, but it looks like she might have her Daddy's head. tehe! I saw the scale on his computer and it was off the chart at 75%. When I told Doug about it, he didn't seem to find it as funny for some reason. Poor Katiebug, I couldn't get over how she remembered where her doctor's office was. As soon as we past our church, she started whimpering. I thought something was really wrong with her. I began to talk with her, but she would only say no. She did that until we turned into the doctor's office parking lot. When I put the truck in park, then the tears began to roll. She snubbed until we got into the waiting room. Unfortunately, Dr. Lunsford passed by the waiting room and she got a glimpse of him. Well, that is all it took. I couldn't get over how she remembered him. The last time she saw him was when she was 19 months old. Luckily, she didn't get any shots this time.

Please keep in your prayers my nephew, Nicholas, and my Mother. Nicholas has had some trouble with his heart getting out of rhythm. He has gone through several tests and wearing devices in order to catch heart beating out of rhythm. Recently, it was confirmed by the doctors, this is what is happening. He is scheduled to go into the hospital for a simple procedure. The procedure sounds really scary and he is very concerned. They will insert a type of catheter into his leg and work it into his heart. In his heart the probe will send electric shocks, killing off the cells that are causing his heart to get out of rhythm. This procedure will solve the problem. It is an outpatient procedure, so he should be home later that night. Please remember him in your prayers that God will give him the strength and to guide the surgeon's hands. My Mom's hip/leg seem to be getting worse. I'm at a loss for words. Thinking the water aerobics would help build muscles in her hip and legs, I suggested the whole idea that she attend. Now, she seems to blame the aerobics for making her hip/leg worse. She claims the pain has been so bad, she couldn't hardly get out of bed. She was at the doctor's office today. He advised her to skip the water aerobics until her hip/leg feels better. Ugh! I really hope she doesn't give up and not go back. I hope I'm just jumping the gun and she will go back when she feels better. I'm just worried about her health! In fact, most if not all of us sisters are extremely concerned about her and her health. I get so mad because all Mom sees when we start fussing about her health, is us being mean or not understanding. I've tried to put in the Lord's hands, but it is so hard to sit back and watch your Mother slip through your fingers. Please keep her in prayers, her hip/leg will heal so she will get back into exercising. Pray for me as well that I might build more faith in the Lord, He will take care of her and I can't help her alone. Also, that I need more understanding and patience. Thank you so much!

Take care of each other and enjoy the rest of July! God Loves You and so do I!

No comments: