Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Many Prayers Needed

Prayer Request
As you may know, Emily has been undergoing some lung rejection. Her doctors say this is normal for your body to try to reject a transplant, so she's been undergoing some rejection treatment to solve this problem. Well, apparently the treatments have terrible side effects because she's been in awful pain. Below is a quote from her blog:

I was discharged yesterday and spent my first night home in a while. The doctors felt there was nothing else that could be done and it is just a matter of time for this to resolve itself. Although I love being home I was reluctant to go home only because I knew the pain I would be in. I was of course, put on some pain medicine and Motrin to help with the inflammation and pain. I have to get a nap in the day because I know the nights don't bring much sleep. My pain always gets worse without fail around midnight and continues throughout the night as well as not able to walk (I needed help to the bathroom again. My knees, legs, & ankles can't bare my weight due to the swelling and pain) Anyway, as you might be able to tell I'm struggling emotionally today and feel overwhelmed in many area's of life right now. As much as I ask for your prayers for healing please pray for me/us emotionally. I know God has a plan through all of this but it's just hard to see that this morning and have hope when your body is always hurting and changing.

Please keep her in your prayers that she might be able to get some relief.

Baby News
I received a call yesterday from Dr. Long's office. Well, my Progesterone is doing it again. It's a level 16, which is apparently extremely low. Dr. Long wants me to take 3 Progesterone caplets 3 times a day until my levels come back up to normal. I became very sick by yesterday evening around 6:00 p.m., I'm thinking it's from the Progesterone. I know it can make you very sick and since I have to take 3 now instead of one, I'm sure I'm not going to be able to make any party appearances anytime soon. I've got an appointment for more blood work, including my Progesterone levels for tomorrow. Please keep us in your prayers.

Side Note: I just spoke to Liz and she said level 16 isn't that bad just low. So apparently my doctor is just being extra precautious.

I think this weekend, I need to do a little maternity clothes shopping. I've been trying on my old clothes and I don't have many Summer/Fall clothes that fit. You have to understand, when I found out that I was pregnant with Katie it was in November and cooler weather. Since we are still two months away from cooler weather, I've got to get something to wear other than blue jeans. Ugh!

Ballet Lessons
I wish I had some news to report on this, but Katie isn't talking much about it. I'm guessing that she was so tired by the time it was over that she didn't feel like talking. I don't really know. They prefer the parents to stay in the waiting room until class was over. One mother couldn't stand it and checked in on them, but I didn't get to ask her about them because it was a complete madhouse in the waiting room. I couldn't believe the ballet lessons demand. I have to say the waiting room is way too small to accommodate all the parents and students. Katie is in a pretty big class of approximately 10 students, 3-4 year old little girls. I honestly believe Katie is the youngest in her class, but you couldn't tell her that because she was right in there with them. I had made friends with another Mom, Kim, downstairs. Her little girl, Millie, is 4 years old and in Katie's class. Kim said Millie is short for Amelia. Isn't that a pretty name? Kim has 3 girls all stair steps - 1, 2, and 4. Yikes! She is a brave soul. She automatically made me feel comfortable because she went on about how all of her girls are so full of life and how it's hard to calm them down. I just knew Katie would be the one problem child. Poor Kim had re-enforcements. Her husband came in to check in on her. He was making sure if he needed to pick up the 2 year old, but she was being so good. After class was over, we met up in the dressing room. Millie was talking up a storm about the class and here Katie was quiet and shy. I couldn't believe it. I asked Millie if she knew that Katie was good. She said she didn't pay that much attention to her. Her saying that gave me a sense of relief. At least Katie didn't disturb the class. I asked Katie questions all the way to Mom and Dad's house, but all she would give me was an uh, huh. During supper, she did tell me that she liked her ballet teacher. I asked her if she wanted to go back. She answered "uh, huh". She said that she danced and played. I think next time, I would like to check in on her. I never got to talk to Anna, teacher, because she was bombarded as soon as they came out of class. I thought I could just call before coming next week about the pictures and Katie's enjoyment.

Mom's Home
It was so good to see Mom sitting in her chair in the Living Room yesterday. She said that they got home around 2:00 p.m. Dad was so wound up. As soon as June and Maryann showed up, he left to get groceries and other supplies. I was so proud of Mom. She walked from her chair in the Living Room to the Bathroom with her walker and of course, Maryann and June right beside her in case she fell. I hated that I didn't feel all that great, while visiting with them. I apologized, but Mom said she was glad to see me feeling bad. lol! Katie was so good. She went straight for the back room to play with her toys, while we visited. One time, we all heard Katie screaming and crying. She's gotten to where, she likes to play hide and seek in the closets. Well, the closet in the back room latches shut and she couldn't get out. As soon as June opened the door, Katie came out, her face all red, laughing. She knew what she did the little stinker.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I got an email this morning that Alise has been accepted to her ballet school. Our classes will be on Monday evenings. I'm excited! Now, it's time to shop!

I'm so glad your mom is home and I hope you get to feeling better soon! I don't know much about progesterone levels. I know Dr. S took a progesterone test when she checked my HCB levels when I was pregnant with Alise. Tell that baby to let his moma start feeling better, soon, because we've got a beach we need to visit (Alise's friend Allie left with her parents today!)

The Thorsrud Family said...

Praises all around! You are preggo, G'ma is home, we are preggo...wow! God is good....of course not in our timing! I'm SSSOOO excited!