Thursday, March 19, 2009

America's Re-Tea Party

Thanks Wade for reminding me about these events going on around the country. There is just so much to write about, plus running role of mom & maid around here, I've forgotten to look into this and report it.

If you don't know what I'm talking about is that American's are rallying around the country at different dates and times in order to Re-declare Our Independence. From what I understand, Newt Gingrich has joined this cause. Below is a small piece from the site I found:

In 1994, Newt Gingrich, along with several other prominent Republicans introduced their “Contract with America” after taking a majority control of Congress for the first time in 40 years. The Contract called for a renewed faith in Washington D.C., namely in the Republican Party, asking for Americans across the country to put their faith in partisan politicians.

Several big cities in Alabama will be having their Tea Parties on April 15th at different times. What's great about this website is you can select which state you're wanting to attend this PEACEFUL Tea Party. Click here in order to read more and find out where and when these tea parties are happening. Remember to just click on the state you want from the US map.

Natasha Richardson
How tragic to hear this news. After listening to the news updates yesterday, this accident sounded so simple that it could have happened to even me. The people that were with Natasha when it happened simply said that she just bumped her head. She was up and laughing at herself for being so clumsy. They reported later that day, she complained of a little headache and that's when they decided to take her to the hospital to be checked out. Some doctors (not related in her case) said she could of had some brain swelling or bleeding on the brain, which resulted in this tragic event. As you may know, she's been on life support. Her family made that terrible and tough decision to take the support off of her last night. Ahh, so sad! I feel for her family and they will be in my prayers.


Prince Caspian NY Premiere Pictures, Images and Photos


Natasha Richardson dies at the age of 45
March 18, 2009
Spring Pictures
Peggy has invited Katie and myself out to her house today. She wants Katie to help her decorate for Easter. I think Katie would have a blast doing so. I also thought it would be a great opportunity to take a few Spring/Easter photos of Katie in her new Easter dress. When I asked Katie last night about having her picture made today, she was so excited. She wanted to know if she had her Easter dress yet and if the Easter bunny would be there to have her picture taken with him. Ha Ha! I told her that it wasn't quite that close to Easter time, but it was coming very soon. I hope I'll be able to get a few good shots because there are days, like the other day, where all she wants to do is look off or dance every where. Is she one of the true flower children? Off in la-la land half the time.
By the way, today is the first official day of Spring. So . . .
Happy Spring!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm lovin' reading your "controversial" posts!! LOL! Good luck with taking Katie's pictures today! I SO hope that little stinker cooperates!! Alise has been on Spring Break this week and has stayed with my mom for the last three days. I am home with her for the next two days. It's not even 9:00 and she is drivin' me ape! I don't see how in the world you do the SAHM thing! God Bless your heart!! You are THE woman, Mirya!!

Anonymous said...

APRIL 15TH TEA PARTY----@ YOUR LOCAL POST OFFICE---THE ONE OPEN LATE----MEDIA WILL BE THERE---BRING SIGNS-----3PM TILL... THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED.......