Friday, March 6, 2009

Your Prayers Worked

I want to thank all of you for the prayers for energy. It Worked! Wednesday, I got up, ate, watched Fox & Friends, caught up on my blogging and Facebook and got right to work on the house. I figured I'd be taking lots of breaks, so I needed to get started right away. I started with the Kitchen, made my way into the bathroom (ick!) and lastly into our bedroom. Katie was such a big help. She'd grab a cloth and tell me that she was going to wash the walls for me. After a minute passed, so proud of herself, she gave me the cloth back and told me she was done. With a big grin on her face, she said "I did a good job. Didn't I mom?" I had to be creative when it came to washing down walls and ceilings. I grabbed my Swifter mop, dusted the walls off first, then attached a rag that was rinsed in Lysol and wiped down the walls. The only things I couldn't get done was clean the curtains and ceiling fan. I was feeling so good and thought I was doing good by taking frequent breaks, especially during "Days of Our Lives". I hated to stop at 4:00 p.m., but I'm glad I did. Later that night, I began having Braxton Hicks and sharp pains. Uh, oh. Doug finally told me to go to bed. The Braxtons continued every 30 minutes from 8:00-10:00. After 10:00 the Braxtons would come on every hour, but it wasn't that intense. I think I worried Doug a little that night. These Braxtons lasted until 3:30 Thursday morning. Ugh!

Yesterday was my 36 week doctor's appointment. I told Dr. Kakani what happened and she told me to fight the urges to clean that much and take it easy. Everything is still doing good with me and the baby. I gained another 2 pounds and believe me when I say that I look it. By the way, Allison thank you so much for offering to take my photo. You are such a sweetie, but Doug would be happy to take my profile outside.

After my little episode Wednesday night and Thursday morning, I thought that I had better get busy getting the necessary supplies for when baby Colton gets here. So, I headed to Babies R Us and Target. I picked up a Boppy pillow, newborn pacifiers, Dreft, baby lotion, a pack of Swaddlers diapers, new baby brush and got some more Easter presents for both Colton and Katie. I've been picking up accessories from Walmart and Target these past few weeks. The only thing I forgot to pick up, I think, is a mesh hamper for dirty clothes.

Speaking of Easter presents, Katie has been driving Doug and I crazy over the new (expected) Barbie movie, "Thumbelina". She faithfully ask us everyday if the new "Thumbelina" movie is out yet. On top of that, every time we go to Walmart, we have to see the Thumbelina dolls in the toy section. She loves to look through all the dolls thoroughly and tells me that she wants a Thumbelina doll from the Easter bunny. Well, I got a call from the Easter bunny to assure me that she will be getting her Thumbelina doll.

Today, Maryann and mom are coming over. Maryann is going to help me with some more cleaning, especially Colton's room, while mom babysits me. Doug is home today and I mentioned to him last night that I would like to replace the blinds in that room; as well as installing wood rods over the windows for the valances and over the crib for Sandy's Fishy Quilt. I told him that we had to baby the room up a little. He didn't seem to have a problem with it.

Tomorrow, Doug and I plan to go and pick up the changing table, vibrating chair, car seat and bath tub. I'll feel so much better when we get all of this stuff washed up and in the room, ready to go. Shoo!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and remember to TAKE IT EASY! lol! Shoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like NESTING to me! HA! Still, you listen to your Dr.!! I am so excited for you though, another baby! Another blessing in your lives! Praise God! Hugs and Kisses to all! Love, Sister Sandy