Sunday, March 1, 2009

March Comes In Like A Lion

We had some predictions from our local weather crew that we were to expect some snow this morning. Well, anyone from Alabama knows that if the meterologists predict snow then more than likely it's not going to snow, to make a difference. A lot of people are having to eat crow, including myself because there's quite a bit of snow on the ground and it's still coming down.

We went into Katie's room to wake her and let her see the snow, we were expecting her to be a little more excited then she was. Apparently, sleep is far too more important than snow on the ground. We got her up long enough for Doug to pick her up and let her look out her bedroom window. As soon as he set her down, she crawled back up in her bed. Oh me! A little later, here she came into the Living Room. Once she woke up, she asked to go outside into the snow. Her and daddy got bundled up and headed out, but they didn't stay long. Doug said that the wind was so bad, it made it much colder than what the temperature said 31 degrees.

A little later in the day, we got out and about. Doug wanted to drive around and see the sights. It was a nice drive, but sitting in the backseat of a truck when you're almost 9 months pregnant isn't the best idea. When we got back home, Katie wanted to play in the snow a little longer. She really got the hang of making snow angels. As we were heading back in the house, she decided to throw snow balls at me. She'd start laughing like she really did something. Little stinker!

Below are a few pictures of our March snow experience:
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: March Snow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Moving Day
Yesterday, our family came over and helped us move a lot of stuff from our house into our new building. Ahhhh! The room we have now is amazing. Thursday and Friday, I worked as hard as I could to get a lot of things boxed and ready to move out on Saturday. Doug and I got up early yesterday and started where we left off from the day before. By the afternoon hours, I had mom and Peggy down my throat making sure I stayed in the recliner with my feet up. June, KimAnn, Maryann and Peggy were let loose in my house. I appreciated the help, but hated them having to work so hard on my nasty house. Everything looks great! Doug decided to go ahead and bring in Katie's twin bed and the baby's crib. Katie absolutely loves her new bed. Actually, it was one of the same beds I grow up in when I was little. At first we put in the box springs, but soon found out that it wasn't going to work. Katie had a terrible time getting into the bed. So, Doug went to get some wood to put in the slats that way it will hold up the mattress. It works great!

The wood stain looks a little rough, but hopefully one day I'd like to re-paint it. There is so much room that you can actually move around in Katie's room without fear of falling over something. We went through a lot of her toys, had some stored away and the rest organized a little better. I'm sure it won't be long before she'll have them all strowed all over her room again.

Baby Update
Can you believe that I have 27 days left before baby boy arrives? I'm so excited! June was sweet enough to take a bunch of baby clothes, bibs, and burp clothes with her to wash up at her house. I kept telling her not to worry about it because I was only washing up newborn clothes this next week. I haven't even bought any Dreft yet. She went ahead, took the clothes and bought a small bottle of Dreft. Last night while I was sitting on the couch by Maryann, Colton decided to perform for everyone. Maryann could feel him flipping around and stretching, but everyone each could see him just fine. He was really showing out.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Katie's room looks great and I like your new storage building! I can't believe you will be having little Colton this month! Time really sneaks up on you doesn't it!