Wednesday, September 2, 2009

If You Can't Win, Join 'Em!

I found myself going in a tailspin and about to loose my mind. Yes, there are days when I feel my children are ganging up against me and today was one of those days. I couldn't win for losing. Ugh! I wasn't getting anything accomplished and I wanted everything caught up before the BIG Labor Weekend. If I was caught up, then I wouldn't worry about the laundry or dishes, etc. I'd just be able to sit back and relax, in my own chaotic way. Nope, the kids were not going to let it happen. So, finally I just began laughing. Katie came running down the hall, asking me what I was laughing at. When I told her "me", she started laughing. Then, I really threw her for a loop. I began talking to myself. She asked me who I was talking to. I told her Daisy and Ella, Katie's imaginary friends. Well that was her que to chime right in. I just began messing with her head by talking jibberish. I was doing it all in fun, to see what she would say. I gave up trying to clean at this point. My brain was fried and no way back. I guess there's always tomorrow. Right?

This is Alabama Football!


Coffee and Colors
Katie has an Art Class every Monday with Mrs. Laura at Covenant School. She absolutely loves her Art Class. I've got a painting of a "tractor" on my refridgerator that looks like a big black blob. I received this flier in Katie's backpack and thought I would pass it along to you. This sounds like a lot of fun. If I didn't have two small children and a husband that didn't work long hard hours, I would love to go. Hopefully, you'll get a chance to go instead.

Do you think you would like to paint, but don't have time for weekly lessons? Then come join our party!

Cullman artist, Laura Walker, brings the supplies and the skills to direct you through each step of a painting. You show up at Berkeley Bob's Coffee Shop with your friends and have a great time. You leave after 2-3 hours with your own painting!

The cost of this party is $35 per person, and this covers supplies and everything! Coffee and colors happens every second Friday night of the month, starting at 6:30PM. There is limited seating, so call Berkeley Bob's at 256-775-2944 to reserve your spot.

Check out the Coffee and Colors page on Laura's website. CLICK HERE.


Mirya

No comments: