Monday, October 5, 2009

Doug's Trip Part II - Solvang, California

Unfortunately, Doug was a little disappointed with Solvang. I guess he was expecting something similar to Helen, Georgia, which is another Danish town or Christmas Village. I thought it was a pretty little town, according to his pictures. You'll have to judge for yourself.


Air Force Base in Vandenberg, California is right by the Pacific Ocean. Doug said that his buddy, Claude, told him that it is foggy most of the time. Fortunate for Doug, the fog cleared off one day and he was able to take a few pictures of the coast for me. He said that the temperature stayed around the 70s and it was sunny the whole time he was there.

He loved his visit to Santa Barbara, California. He really enjoyed venturing over to Stearns Wharf in Santa Barbara and then later to Goleta Beach. I'm sure it was beautiful and hope to visit there one day. I love the sailboats!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Doug's Trip
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Enjoy the slideshow!

This isn't all of Doug's trip. Tomorrow, we will find out something surprising to me. Also, what did Doug eat, while he was out and about at the west coast?
Mirya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Santa Barbara is beautiful! I love southern California...especially the smaller coastal towns :)