Thursday, October 29, 2009

Our Little Mermaid in Training




Colton was sleeping and Katie asked me if we could try on her Ariel costume. No problem! I needed to see how it would look and ways that I could fix her up tomorrow for the BIG Halloween party at school. Oh, she is sooo excited! I just hope I'll have enough time to make her up the way I think she'll look good. I'm going to have her wear her ballet leotards and tights under her costume tomorrow.

What's New In The Kitchen
I've been on a pizza making kick lately. This probably isn't good for my diet (at all), but I've been in the experimenting mood. I love to experiment with food. A while back, Doug and I came across "Mama Mary's" pizza crust (already made). We really like it and cut out on a lot of time lost, waiting for your pizza crust to cook. Well, Doug still didn't like the crust being so thick. Guess what mama found? Yes, I found the "Mama Mary's Thin Crust" and Doug likes it now. They come package with 2 already made pizza crusts in all sizes. Last month, I bought Katie a package of small (personal) size for her pizza. She loves my pizza.

Tonight, I whipped up a pizza that (according to Doug)tasted exactly like a restaurant style bruschetta. Yummy! I didn't go by any recipe, I went by what I thought I would like on it. I'm so glad I did because I will definitely be making this again very soon. If you like pizza, you've got to try my pizza. This is what I did:

Mi's Tomato Style Pizza
1 large "Mama Mary's Thin Pizza Crust"
Olive Oil
Small jar of "Classico Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto"
Small jar of Black Olives, Chopped
Small Vine Ripe Tomato, thinly sliced w/skin
1 package (1 lb.) Pizzeria Blend Cheese or you can use the Italian Blend Cheese
1 small package of Pepperoni Slices
6 slices of bacon, cooked & chopped
1/2 small green bell pepper, finely chopped & sauteed to desired texture

  • Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. While it's warming, brush a little olive oil on crust.
  • Spread pesto onto the crust.
  • Arrange the following onto the crust: olives, peppers, tomatoes, bacon, pepperoni & cheese. Note: I didn't use the pound of cheese, but I guess you could if you really like a lot of cheese.
  • Turn the heat back to 425 degrees. Put pizza in oven for 7 1/2 - 10 minutes.
  • Let cool for 1 minute.
    Serves: 8 slices






Halloween Treats
Laura made the cutest Halloween treat for Alise's school. She made little bat candy holders. She got the idea from another blogger, who got it from another. Such a cute idea and would have loved to have made these, but there are just not enough time to make them. I really liked the mummy.

Can you believe these little treasurers are actually Hershey's Chocolate Bars? The Halloween candy holders (mummy or bat) are made out of either crepe paper or construction paper. Such a cute idea! You'll have to check out Skip To My Lou's Blog RIGHT HERE in order to get further instructions. I'll have to do these next year. Have a great Halloween Eve!


Katie Curly Locks
I bought these foam rollers a long time ago, but kept forgeting to use them. Whitney came over today to visit with us for a little bit and reminded me about them. So after Katie's bath, I rolled up her hair. I didn't do a very good job because I've never done this before. Ever! I guess it will be a trial and error for me.



Katie loved her hair rolled up. She was prissing around the house. I really didn't think Katie would keep these rollers in her hair all night, so I blowed dried it before she went to bed. It felt dry enough to take them down, but when I began unrolling them, I soon discovered that they need to dry more. Oh well. It did leave her hair with a lot of full waves. She has a lot of natural body in her hair already, this just seem to make them more full. It's cute and she likes them.

Frankenstein Cake
We went to Walmart last night and picked her up another pumpkin and a pull-a-part Frankenstein Cake/Cupcake for her Halloween party at school tomorrow. I liked the Pumpkin Cake better, but Katie insisted on Frankenstein. All the little kids are going to go home with green mouths. LOL!

Doug is going to watch Colton for me, while I meet Katie at school for her party. They are suppose to make Pumpkin Pancakes, so this will be interesting. Katie loves to cook, but she's never had homemade pancakes. Every child was to bring an ingredient for their treat, Katie had to get shortening. Later, they'll go trick or treat around to every classroom. It should be lots of fun!

I promised June, I would bring the kids to her work after picking up Katie from school. I believe other employees' children are coming by there as well. The police department moved to a new location and building, so I'd like to see what it looks like on the inside. She gave me directions to her office, so maybe I won't get lost. A little girl that Katie has ballet with, Jacy, will be there as well with her mommy and little brother, Jake. I've gotten to know Jacy's mom a little more and she seems very nice. She knew June, so we got to talking and her husband is a police officer. She's been reading a Dave Ramsey's book and I mentioned to her, me about to start reading "The Twilight" series. She's read all 4 books within a week or so. She wants us to have a girl's night out, me, her and June and go see "New Moon." I think it would be fun. I haven't had a girl's night out in forever.

Prayer Request
Please remember a lady, I went to school with, Marilyn. She is maybe 3-4 years older than me. She has been fighting cancer (tumor). Today, she announced that the chemo is working because the tumor shrunk from 16.9 to 10.5 ml. I know she could use all the prayers, she can. Also, if you are in the Cullman area tomorrow, please stop by Chick-fil-a and order your lunch or supper in her honor. I believe 10% of proceeds will be donated to Marilyn tomorrow only. If you can't make it to Chick-fil-a, People's Bank in Cullman are taking up donations as well. Thanks!

Zayne Smith, Whitney's (my niece) husband, is in desperate need of a job. Currently, he working with he dad at their business, but he needs something that pays a little more (got bills to pay).

Nolan and Liz still need your prayers, going on an interview out-of-state. They too are in search for another job. Nolan's current job is cutting back on hours and they have mouths to feed, so they can't afford to cut back.


Mirya

1 comment:

Laura said...

Katie is a beautiful mermaid! Where did you end up finding her costume? Also, LOVE the rollers! Those pics were hilarious! I can't wait to show them to Alise! Aunt Peggy should approve!! Ha, ha!! I've been wanting to roll Alise's hair, but she is such a poot that she probably wouldn't keep them in. I use to wear them on Saturday nights for church on Sunday! LOVED having my hair rolled!

The pizza looks wonderful!! Yum! I could eat a piece for breakfast!