Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lots To Do

VBS "Saddle Ridge Ranch"
I've got Katie all registered for VBS this year. It will be her first year at Vacation Bible School. I think she'll have a great time. I hate that I didn't sign up for a specific job to volunteer during this year's VBS. I don't want to commit while I have Colton. I hope to help out in other ways such as gathering things for them and prayer. If you're looking for a great VBS experience for your children, then give Northbrook Baptist a chance.

Katie's Birthday Party
Katie's been so undecided for the past few months as to what kind of party she would like to have.  It's been between the following:  Strawberry Shortcake, Barbie, Princess and the Frog, The Little Mermaid, Hannah Montana and Hello Kitty.  After much deliberation, we've decided to go with the Hello Kitty theme.  We saw the new Hello Kitty design and we both fell in love with it.  Closer to her birthday, we will have another "cake and ice cream" party just with family.  She wants Strawberry Shortcake theme for that party.
This pattern just came out recently, so not all the Party City stores have all the pieces to this set.  I think it's crazy that the theme is available online before they are at stores.  Oh well!  I got most everything I needed for the party, except for the mylar balloons and centerpieces.  I'm not getting a whole lot this time around.  This party will be for Katie and her little friends.  She plans to invite her classmates and a few other friends.  I still haven't set a date, but it will be in early June.  The rental place, I was planning on renting the moonwalk informed me that the last time it was rented out, it got damaged.  I didn't think about asking if they plan on replacing it.  I'll call them back this week a long with another place, I have in mind.

I would like to make a two tier buttercream icing cake with fondant polka dots, but I'm afraid it will be too much cake.   I'm not expecting a lot of kids to show up.  You know you have the ones,  you know will show and those that won't.  So, I don't want to make a large cake because there will be so much waste.  I'm thinking about purchasing a flower shaped cake pan and decorating it.  Wilton shows one decorated real cute on their website.  I may decide on doing something totally different.  Stay tuned . . .

Great Finds

Annie's Homegrown is our family's new favorite snacks. Maryann introduced us to the first Annie's Homegrown snack.  She gave a box of chocolate snacks to Colton for an Easter gift.  They are pretty good and Colton loves them.  The only thing is they make a mess all over his face.  Soon after Easter, I noticed Walmart started carrying more flavors of Annie's.  We like Annie's Homegrown cheddar flavor crackers better than Cheez It.  It seems like it's more of a cheesy flavor than the other brand crackers.  Well, the other day when we visited Whole Foods Market, they had a wall full of Annie's Homegrown brand snacks.  I noticed the fruit gummies and I knew Katie liked gummies, so I let her pick out a box.  She chose the tropical flavor.  We tried them out for the first time today and they are very good.  They are not like any other gummy, where they stick to your teeth and they have a rich fruit flavor.  I recommend this brand snack! 

Prayer Request
A friend of mine, Rebekah, recently had sinus surgery in her nose area.  Now that she has healed and can breathe good, apparently her sinuses drained into her ear.  She went to Urgent Care for the ear ache and sore throat.  The doctor didn't look in her ear, instead told her it was sinus drainage and for her to go home and take some Advil.  Ugh!  Some creep!  She must have had an infection in her ear because it wasn't long before it ruptured.  Of course, it not only scared her seeing the blood coming out of her ear, but it hurt.  She went to an ENT and he told her what probably happened.  Now, she can't hear out of her one ear.  The ENT seems to think it will heal in time, but she may have to have surgery.  Now that she can only hear out of one ear, her equilibrium is off and she get a little dizzy.  I just hope the doctor can fix her ear.  Please remember her in your prayers.

Another friend, A, needs your prayers as well.  Her doctor discovered her thyroid was enlarged.  They ran tests.  Of course, she is upset.  Please ask God to not only heal her body, but give her strength to overcome.   
Mirya

No comments: