Sunday, July 10, 2011

One of Them Weeks

Have you ever had one of those days? Well, I've had one of those weeks. I'm getting things done, but it seems like it's all in slow motion. Colton's decided to finally enter into his trouble twos. YAY! You know the drill. He runs one way and then gives me that look. You know "the look." The "I'm going to do something that I know I'm not suppose to do, but I think I'll do it anyway." THE LOOK. Before I can get it out of my mouth (what are you up to?), he pulls something down or throws something; therefore, causing a HUGE mess. While I'm in disbelief, he turns the opposite direction and runs. Ugh! As Doug says, "memories." To top it all off, while I'm cleaning up his mess, he makes another mess or gets into trouble. Ya gotta love it!

I've got a few projects on my list to do and it's just finding the time anymore to do them. I know they'll get done, I just get impatient that's all.
  1. I have at least three animal print ribbon trees for table top displays. Whitney's baby shower is the end of August and the theme is jungle/safari. I've got one pot painted in a tiger print. I've been visiting Hobby Lobby a LOT. They had their ribbon and pottery for half off last week. Now, I'm waiting for the styrofoam to go on sale at HL because they can be costly.
  2. My mother-in-law wanted me to fix her collage photo frame of the kids.  I've had this frame for a long time because I didn't have any current good snapshots of the kids, especially together.  I finally got that project finished and ready to deliver. 
  3. I bought Katie a collage photo frame to put up on her bedroom wall.  I got most of the photos printed for the collage, but I still need two more.  I'm trying to put photos of various events that Katie was involved inside this frame. 
  4. Believe it or not, I'm still planning Katie's birthday party.  Don't be surprised if I buy Katie's cake this year. 
  5. I tried practicing making a tissue pom-pom today.  Yeah, I need help with that one.  It doesn't look anything like Martha Stewart.  If I have enough time this week, I'll try to make a smaller one out of the big one. 
  6. I'm having some friends over this week.  Hopefully most of the ballet moms, their ballerinas and siblings will be coming over for a little visit.  I'm excited!  I'm not telling Katie until the day of the party or she will be driving me CRAZY. 
I found out this weekend when school starts.  In a way, Katie and I can't hardly wait.  On the other hand, I'll miss her aggravating me during the day.  School open house is the 11th of August.  Y'all it's almost here.  It's hard to believe how fast the Summer went.  We've only covered three science projects.  We still have some time left, I suppose.  I was a little excited to find out how to make bath salts.  We might try to make those on a weekend.

Y'all have a great cool week.
Mirya

No comments: