Friday, April 20, 2007

Family Day

Well, I guess our family outing will have to be extended to tomorrow as well. We really didn't get to do the things we had planned to do, but that's okay things come up. Wiley's was having a sale. Doug wanted to check it out and he needed to get a battery for the lawn mower. Plus, we promised Katie we would take her to the park and play. We didn't get to do any of these things because Doug was called into work from the road. There will be a shipment going out tomorrow and one of his co-workers needed him to sign off on some documents. We ended up staying at his work for around two hours. I have to say Katie did pretty good staying out in the car for that length of time. She was getting restless there at the last, I was going to get her out of the car and just walk her around the parking lot. Thankfully, I saw Doug coming out the doors about that time. It was nice to go back to my old work place. I got to see a few of my old colleagues. I really miss them and according to them, they miss me as well. We had lots of good times and funny moments there. If and when I have to go back to work, I would love to go back. We left there and headed to my nephew's ballgame. I hate it that we haven't seen him all season. We planned to see him a couple of weeks ago, but it was called off because of the storms that went through here. We were hoping it would have been rescheduled, but they never did. Thankfully, we were able to see him tonight and it's a good thing because this was his last game of the season. I got to see a few people from my old school that I haven't seen in years. It was good seeing them and hopefully there won't be too many years before we see each other again. It got really chilly tonight, but we had a good time. It's always good to see family and friends. I guess we left the ballgame around 8:20 p.m. because Katie was so tired and cold. She talked about Leslie and Sue-Sue all the way home. She was too excited to go to sleep on the way home.

Doug and I were talking about when I go back to work. He's hoping I'll be able to get on in Huntsville and I agreed that I would love that. I know a few people that work there now and I would love to join their team, but I told him I'm afraid we will have to move. Huntsville is a long way from home and I've got to think about Katie now (no matter how old she'll be). I would want to keep her close by in case I need to get to her right away (men don't think about things like this). Of course, he laughed. He thinks she'll be just fine and he doesn't know where I'm coming from and probably never will. He's probably right, as soon as she starts school she won't need Mom anymore, but I want to be accessible if she did. I stressed to him that I would prefer to get a part-time job. You have to think about the future school plays/recitals, Mommy & Me lunches, class parties, other extra-curricular activities, flu season, etc. All I can do is just pray about it and I know God has got matters well at hand.

I guess we will try and take Katie to the park tomorrow. It's suppose to be another beautiful day, close to 76 degrees.

Take care and have a great weekend!

No comments: