Monday, April 2, 2007

Easter Egg Hunt


We've really enjoyed Aunt Lolli & Uncle Roger's visit. They left this morning, heading home. They would have stayed longer, but they are missing their kids and grandchildren.

Saturday was the big Easter Egg Hunt at Friendship Methodist. We had a good time. The eggs! Oh, my gosh! I think every little egg hunter at heart had their fill with hunting Easter Eggs. Peggy helped Katie find the eggs, while I took pictures and Doug filmed her with the video camera. I was surprised, Katie was the only child dressed up. Peggy asked me if I brought her shorts to change into, but that was the whole point in dressing her up. There were about 4 or 5 children hunting eggs and they were all girls. After the hunt was over, we all had pizza and desserts. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of the little girls got wired from all the chocolate candy that was there at the party. That night, we all went to Sue & Tim's for a fish fry. The guys got to stay outside by the pond fishing in the cold weather, while us women stayed inside playing games and visiting. Katie just about wore me out chasing after her and trying to keep her from breaking something. Of course, she can't leave someone's house without getting a boo-boo. She calls them "poo-poos." It's funny! I haven't wanted to say anything until I had plenty of witnesses, but Katie is getting real good at counting. She will count up as far as 10. Can you believe that? At first, I thought I was just imagining things and she couldn't possibly be counting. We just started with 1,2 & 3 a couple of weeks ago. She would get up to 2 and struggled with the word 3. I didn't push it, but I've been continuing singing counting songs such as:
1, 2 I Love You; Little Indians; 5 Little Monkeys. I guess the songs work. She really likes 5 Little Monkeys. "Sing Monkeys Mommy," she'll say. I think she likes it so much because it makes her laugh at the end. When she counts sometimes she needs a little help. For instance, I have to start counting to get her started and most of the time she forgets the number 7. But hey that's okay, I just amazed how her little brain soaks up so much information.

Last night, we had a very nice supper at Kevin & Maryann's. It was our last supper with Aunt Lolli & Uncle Roger before headed home. Kevin, Maryann, and Nat got Katie a cute Elmo Easter Basket stuffed with Dora the Explorer panties (for future use). It's cute how she carries it around like a purse, putting things in it and taking things out. I've updated our website with new pictures from this past weekend. One of the pictures, I think is cute. Katie has a Mrs. Potato Head. Well, she likes to get the lips and put it in her mouth (of course - everything goes in the mouth). Anyway, she'll put them in her mouth and start giggling and then she'll want me or Daddy to wear them, which makes her giggle more. She is such a giggler! She's our little giggle monster!
I hope to accomplish getting Katie's picture with the Easter Bunny and getting some last minute Easter shopping done this week. Saturday, I've volunteered to help greet and fill in here and there at church during the Easter Pageant. I love helping with stuff like that. Us women have too much fun! I've invited and reminded everyone I know about it, so I would like to invite you again. April 7 & 8 - Easter Pageant at Northbrook Baptist Church. I'll have to let you know how it all goes.
Take care and God Bless You!

No comments: