Friday, April 13, 2007

TGIF!

Since it was such a beautiful day, Katiebug and I made a Mommy and Me Day. We went shoe shopping, she loves shoes. Peggy & Millard bought her a pair of casual sandals for this Summer and she has already wore them out. They are all scratched down to the metal, so I guess they are our official yard shoes. Our first stop was at The Shoe Dept. Katie picked up this Pink Mary Jane looking Croc shoe, real cute. I tried it on and she didn't want to take them off. The brand name on the box says "Carter's," so I don't know if it is the same Carter's that I know. Laura, I couldn't help it I got Katie a pair of flip flops as well. They are from Sketchers with a Panda. So cute! I had trouble getting the flip flops on Katie's feet, but once I got them on her feet they didn't seem to bother her too much. From the shoe store, we headed to the video store to drop off "Happy Feet" and picked up a couple of movies for Katie. I have to say, "Happy Feet" was a pretty cute movie. I don't think Katie enjoyed too much or she lost interest very quick. I got the movies because it's suppose to be stormy most of the day tomorrow. She's had a little lose of appetite for the past couple of days, so I was excited when she said she wanted fry-fry. I thought it would be a good time to pick up a happy meal and head to the park. She loves going to the park and play. Today there wasn't any children at all to play with, but she still enjoyed it. I even took her down the corkscrew slide. She sat in my lap as we went down. I haven't done that in YEARS! The static we both generated during the 4 times we went down that slide would probably make a light bulb work from my hand for at least 15 minutes. tehe! As I walked back up the slide, I could hear the electricity popping every step I took. I was wearing sandals so you can imagine the little jolts I was getting. tehe! You would think I have a hard time getting Katie to leave, but you know I haven't yet and this was our second trip to the park. Of course, we hit Wal-Mart before going home. Hey, I've got to tell you. The next time your at Wal-Mart and you need some neat gift bags and/or blank cards, they have really unique bags and blank cards. What is so weird is these items were not found in the usual gift bags and cards section. I found them at our Wal-Mart with the sale items & school supplies, off to the side. All different designs and styles. The best part about it is you can buy 2 cards/bags for $1.50. I know a lot of gift bags and cards doesn't touch $1.50 alone. I had to get a small supply of them. Some bags are shaped like purses, have accents on them, etc. I fell in love with them. Maybe you can find them too at your Wal-Mart. Knowing our Wal-Mart, they won't be in the same place next weekend. They like to rearrange items too much. Honestly, I think it's a conspiracy. The store manager holds a meeting with all the stocker the night before and says "hey, let's really throw our customers for a loop and make them think they are going crazy." "Let's put all the sports items in the Children's Department and all the printer supplies in with the Chocolate Milk." Yes, I'm exaggerating of course, but it's pretty close to the truth.

If you haven't seen it yet, you guys have got to check out our video we have uploaded into our blog. After reading this blog, just scroll down to the next blog and click on play in order to play the video. This was our first test video. Hopefully, others will follow depending on how quickly I learn how to do this.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Take care of each other and may God Bless You today!

No comments: