Sunday, April 15, 2007

Uncle Bob's Visit

After church today, we headed to Pat, June, Dad & Mom's for Supper. I have to list everyone's name because my Mom gets offended when I just say "Hey, let's go to Pat & June's place." It's a very touchy subject with her. Most of the family was there to visit with Uncle Bob before he goes back home. They seemed to enjoy the concert last night. He went on and on about how he had wanted to see the Gaither's for years and now he finally got to go. His face was glowing like a little boy that finally got to go to the circus for the first time. Tonight, everyone brought their own steak and we had baked potatoes and salad. Everything was very good - compliments to the chef! Bob said he had to hurry back home and take care of Nell. He feels she would be too much of a burden for Nancy to check in on her. He's been checking in on her to make sure she was doing okay. Doug and he have at least one thing in common. They both love Mexican Food. Needless to say, we are to get together with him at least one more time this week and go eat Mexican Food some where. Bob is the same ol' Bob - crazy as ever and loving to aggravate the fire out of Dad. Personally, I think it does Dad good. I say this because he's usually the one that aggravates everyone else. Paybacks are HELL!

It has been so cold, we've stayed inside most of this weekend. I'm hoping to get out and about this week. Doug did get out and mow the lawn this past Friday. It's amazing how much better your yard looks when it is freshly mowed. I need to get out and weed my flowerbeds and cut Easter Eggs out of our Pear tree. I've got all the Easter Decor centralized in the house, I just need to pack it away in the box.

Dates to remember
  • Parisian's is having a huge sale up to 50-70% off this week (18-22). Don't miss it!
  • Bloomin' Festival - April 21 & 22
Poem of the Day

Why must I bear this pain? I cannot tell;
I only know my Lord does all things well.
And so I trust in God, my all in all,
For He will bring me through, whate’er befall. — Smith

(poem supplied by "Our Daily Bread.")

Have a great Monday and take care of yourself!

No comments: