Thursday, April 5, 2007

Off to Visit the Easter Bunny!

Alright, yes, I'm crazy for getting out in this frigid weather with Katie. I completely ran out of time when it came to my check off list, which included visiting the Easter Bunny. In hopes to get a picture of Katie and the Bunny, I dressed Katie up in her Easter dress. I even got dressed up this time in case we pulled another Christmas/Santa Claus episode. Here we are in the mall, all decked out in our Sunday best, ready to see the Easter Bunny. We've been talking up the whole "Easter Bunny" thing all week and she has acted excited to see him. "I see bunny," she would say. We get in line and there he is in all his glory - "The Easter Bunny." Katie's eyes big and lite up with amazement, a smile appeared from ear to ear and even a little giggle came out. She was excited to see the bunny and all the decorations. I asked her, "do you want to see the Easter Bunny?" "Yeah," she said. So, I picked her up and we headed for the big bunny and she began to cling to me - tighter and tighter. The whole time the bunny was waving at Katie. "No!," she said. "No, bunny!" I told her that was okay, she didn't have to sit in his lap (even though, I would love to have a picture of her and him). She was fine at a distance to see him. Hoping she might just need to warm up to him, we walked around the mall. Of course, she had to tell everyone (who would listen) about her experience with the bunny. "Bunny-bunny," she would say. Her eyes still as big as when she first caught sight of him. Our third try with the bunny, she waved and told the Easter Bunny "Bye-Bye, Bunny" as we headed out to come back home. Oh well, there's always next year.

On our way home, we stopped by Publix. I love Publix Grocery Store! They have such unique stuff (gifts and food). I wished we had one down the road from our place. They had a bunch of plants and bedding flowers outside and they had a flowering plant I've never heard of - "The Star of Bethlehem." They were small white blooms, but apparently come in a variety of colors. The sweet smelling fragrance alone sells you. I was very tempted in purchasing one, but I want to wait until this cold snap is out of here. Lord willing, next time I get back to Publix, I'll be able to get one.

I got caught up in all my blog & email readings and I noticed Laura & Wayne had a rocking storm. We had a good lightning storm our self the other day, which disturbed Katie's sleep as well. Bless her heart, I felt bad for her. She never got into bed with us, but I didn't get much sleep that night. I just thank the dear Lord above that I didn't have a job to go to the next day like Doug and Laura. As you can imagine, I didn't get much done the next day. In fact, it was a very quiet day for both Katie and myself. Laura mentioned some changes in Alise's character since she's been off the passy. Well, you are not alone! Katie has begun to bite her nails (fingers & toes). She has no preference at all, just whatever is available at that time. She's not a nervous child. I'm guessing it gives her something to do. I have been discouraging her against biting her toenails. That's just disgusting!

What's Going On With Katie These Days?
Katie is definitely into Lions. We have two movies that have lions in them - "The Wizard of Oz" and "Madagascar." When she request to watch the lion movie, I can't tell which movie she wants to watch. I've been trying to help distinguish between the two. We've got "Madagascar" that has Alex the Lion and we have "Oz" that has the witch. We're still working on that because I'll put in one movie and that's not what she wants. Plus, we've been watching "The Chronicles of Narnia" on Starz. As you may know, it has a lion. She is amazed at the lions and she gets so excited. You know, the Easter Bunny is bringing her the Cowardly Lion for Easter (good choice). The other day at Wal-Mart, I found her a hard plastic, large lion. She had a fit, she loved it. I have to watch her eating the tail though. I've been keeping my eye out for a Ty beanie baby lion. Well, I finally found one today called "Groowl." Cute! She likes her lions!

Have you seen the new "Charlotte's Web" movie with Dakota Fanning. Cute movie. Of course, it's way far different from the original cartoon version, but it's still good. At Wal-Mart, as I'm sure everywhere else, they had the packages movie and Ty baby included. I picked up the goose with the movie and I thought no I'm going to let Katie decide. In my amazement, she chose the pig. We've been teaching her to call the pig "Wilbur." You should hear her say it - so cute!

Katie's vocabulary has grown tremendously in the past couple of weeks. She talks all the time, except to those she doesn't know as well. She can't stand it if there is a conversation going on without her involved. So, she comes up with her own and I guess this is where I'm going to have to butt in and tell her Mommy's talking to so and so. She continues to test me like any toddler should. Some days are better than others, but we make it. I have to remind myself (often), she's only 20 months and not 20 years old. I just can't send her to her room when she starts with the whining. Crying, I can probably handle far better than the screaming and whining. Ugh!

Her birthday is still way far off, but I've been keeping my eyes open and my options listed. I did find a celebration flag a while back for her party. Right now, I've been looking for a 7' Gemmy Airblown Birthday Cake that says: "Happy Birthday." I've seen the Elmo, Dora, Pooh and Princess, but I'm trying to think practical. Do you know how much these things cost? $60-$90 each and that doesn't include shipping. So, if we are going to spend that kind of money, I want to be able to use it every year (no matter what she is into that year). She may not always love Elmo and etc. The cheapest one I've seen is for $60 and shipping is going to cost around $17. Yuck! I hate spending that kind of money. If any of you know where I can get one cheaper, I sure would like to know. After the holiday and things have calmed down for a while, I plan to check out "Party City." If I can find one of these for a reasonable price, the birthday party will be down hill from there.

American Idol
Doug was telling me yesterday before the final results that Sanjaya was the third competitor with the highest votes. I think if I was the competitors kicked off, I would be mad. Here they came to fulfill their life long dream of being a vocal performer. They lost sleep, their voice and all sense of sanity in hopes to make it to the next level. Here Sanjaya is (the worst singer/performer) with the THIRD highest votes and you can tell his heart's not in it.

Motivational Quote of the Day
When you put faith, hope and love together you can raise positive kids in a negative world. - Zig Ziglar

Love you all and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: