Monday, February 16, 2009

Simply Wonderful Valentine's Day

I've read some of your blogs and it sounds like everyone had a nice Valentine's weekend, including us. Ours started Friday, Katie and I had a Mommy & Daughter Day. We got all dressed up and I asked her what she wanted to do. All she could think of is go to Walmart and look at the toys, her favorite past time.

I haven't taken Katie to the library since September, so I thought it would be a good idea to stop by there first. Normally, she loves going to the library. Of course, she made a new little friend and went her separate way. I picked her out a few books and I wanted to see if there was something for me. I told her where I would be, which isn't that far and I knew she would be checking in on me because she likes for me to be real close to her. Sure enough, I'd hear her calling "mom". She would tell me that she was just looking for me and then she'd ask "what are you doing?" As soon as I told her that I was looking for a book, she was up for the job of finding a special book for me. I did find the novel "Confessions of a Shopaholic". I would have been very interested in reading this novel months ago and now that the movie is out, I didn't know if I should try to read it. I grabbed it anyway because I thought it would be funny to read. I've read 7 chapters out of 24 thus far and it is really funny. The main character reminds me of someone I know, but I'm not mentioning who. When I took Katie back to her section, she showed me the stack of books that she wanted to check out. Okay. I was afraid we would be going over our limit, so I asked her to weed through and pick out the ones she had to have right now. Before we left, we had to say hello to all the little creatures & pets the library has on display. They have a turtle, guinea pig, hamsters, and spider.

Katie and I were getting hungry after leaving the library, so we headed to Chik-fil-a. I got us a large waffle fries and drink to share. It was so nice, the cashiers handed out long stem red roses to every customer to celebrate Valentines. Katie had a fit because she loves flowers. She kept saying "I love your flower". I told her that it was hers and her eyes got so big because she couldn't believe it. She was so proud of that rose. She couldn't wait to show it to her daddy when he got home from work.

We walked around Walmart, eating our fries and sipping on our tea. I had to get a couple of things and the rest of the time, we spent in the toy section. It's a good thing that I didn't do any serious shopping in there because I was so wore out by the time we left. While we were there, Katie had to pick out all the toys that she would like to get for the next holiday . . . Easter. I do have to say, the Thumbelina dolls are precious and she is dying to have one.

The rest of the day, I let Katie play computer games (Disney Playhouse & Barbie) and watch movies. I think she had a very good day.

On Valentines Day, Doug and I went ahead and put the gifts on Katie's table for her to see as soon as she got out of bed. I had to go wake her up because she loves to sleep in in the mornings. As soon as her eyes opened, she asked if she had any presents. She's been so excited for Valentine's Day. We got her one of the Barbie Fairytopia movies that she doesn't have and a Little Dreams baby doll.

She loved her gifts or that's what she kept telling us. She's wanted this doll for some time and it is so neat. It acts so much like a real baby because it's eyes, mouth & stomach are fully animated. To activate it, you have to put her pacifier or bottle in her mouth. From there, she can make sucking sounds, babble, crying & breathing sounds when she falls asleep. She's really cute and Katie just loves her. Doug got a box of his favorite candy, Turtles and I received a new movie, "Nights in Rodanthe". I've been wanting to watch this movie for some time, but I haven't had the opportunity. Now I can watch it any time I want. Later that afternoon, Katie and I went over to Maryann's house. When she showed Maryann her new doll, Maryann asked her what the doll's name was and she said "baby brother". LOL!
Millard and Peggy came over that night and gave Katie their present. My goodness, Katie is a lucky little girl. She received a couple new books, a coloring book, a pretty outfit, and lots of candy.

Yesterday, Doug went to start up the car for church because it was a little chilly. Well to our surprise, one of our tires was flat as a flitter. It's a good thing we didn't get that flat on the road. Doug was able to get some air in it long enough to go get it fixed. He's been keeping an eye on the air pressure and it has slowly started going back down. We don't know if it's because of the cold weather causing it or if the tire is truly losing air. He took his tank with him to work this morning just in case he needs it. He may have to stop by some where and get a new tire on the way home.

Baby Update
Baby and I are doing fine, still growing like a weed. According to my weekly updates, the baby should weigh a little over 4 lbs. and is 17 inches long. He should be plumping up from here on to delivery time. My next doctor's appointment is Thursday. Doug is going to go with me because they want to check my glucose again, which means I have to fast. Ugh! After our appointment, we are going to check with the hospital and see if we can go on a tour.

Photobucket



Congratulations Whitney!
I have to congratulate Whitney for getting on at UAB hospital. According to Maryann, there are two different spots that she can work with the babies, which is what she wants to do. I'm so happy for her!

No comments: