Wednesday, February 18, 2009

You've Got To Read!


Okay, I maybe a little late on giving my books in review of "Confessions of a Shopaholic" by Sophie Kinsella. I guess I won't be too late, if you haven't seen the movie yet. Oh my gosh! I absolutely loved this novel, I couldn't set it down for very long this past weekend and have finished reading it today.

As most of you know that I'm not a big novel reader just because I can't get past the 5 chapters of plot (yawn). I think the last novel, I read that I was this excited about and couldn't put it down was "The Pelican Brief" by John Grisham. I'm so glad I found this hilarious novel at the library. The main character, Becky Bloomwood is a piece of work and it's amazing the predicaments she gets herself into. You never know what's going to happen to her next and I hated every time I had to set my book down because I had to find out what happened next or how she got herself out of a bad situation. Becky tries her best to have a little self-control when it comes to her finances, but she is surrounded by temptations that finally get the best of her. She tries to make things right and you end up routing for her because you feel so sorry for her. You can't help but love Becky like your sister or best friend. Becky is still silly when it comes to finances, but the novel ends in a happy ending for her. Now, I'm ready to watch the movie. I just hope the movie is half as good as the book. I can't wait to see it.

The author, Sophie Kinsella, has a few Becky Bloomwood sequels that I would love to read next. They are as follows:



1 comment:

Allison said...

I loved it too. I just got Shopaholic ties the knot. I'm reading a Dean Koontz book right now though. I've really enjoyed his books too. Especially "The Darkest Evening of the Year". That one was really good if you like suspense books.