Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Katie's First Day of School Continued


Oh my gosh! Katie had so much fun today at school. As soon as I picked her up from school, she was a little jabber jaw, which is wonderful in my eyes. I was so pleased that they had a blast. Right off the bat, she asked if she could come back to school tomorrow. She was busy telling me all the things they did today. How she loved the playground and something about a bigger kid broke the slide. I guess this was the front paper news in the school because she really talked about the slide breaking. HA HA! I guess a broken slide is equivalent in a child's eyes as to a broken health system in our eyes. She told me that she liked everyone in her class, especially Claire. I asked if she played with the little boy, Ty? She told me "yeah, but that's not he's name." When I asked her what it was then, she couldn't answer me. Then it dawned on me that she thinks I'm talking about her cousin, Ty. After I explained everything to her, she was like "okay." She brought home a handprint keepsake for her first day of school. According to her status sheet, her job was to hold the Christian flag. When we drove up in the driveway, she told me that she needed to go back to school 2 more times. When I told her that she would be going back more than 2 times, she asked "why?" Ugh, her favorite word ~ WHY? She fell asleep watching TV after lunch, she was so tired.

Prayer Request
I have to make a correction on my prayer request from yesterday. June & Maryann's niece, Kellie, told me that her grandmother had a knot in her neck. I assumed she was talking about her dad's mother because her mother's mother is dead. Well come to find out it isn't Peggy that the knot. Instead it was Kellie's stepdad's mother, Faye H.

No comments: