Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ahoy Me Mateys!

Me Little Pirates
A family that we've come to know these past few years, will be moving away due to the job. Allison and I first met right here on my blog about 3 years ago. I remember, she was surfing the net to find a suitable place for her little girl to take swimming lessons. I blogged about Katie's swimming lessons and Allison left me a message. From there we built a wonderful friendship. Now, they will be leaving our community for yet another great adventure. They may not be a hop, skip and jump from our front door, but we always have Blogger. Love ya girlfriend!

In honor of our friendship, Katie and I wanted to host a little party. We thought a small Private Pirate Party. I've never thrown a pirate party, so this was going to be different. I have to say that I had a lot of fun, preparing, decorating and enjoying the company.

The girls started their party by having a Scavenger Hunt.  I made it special just for A and Katie.  Once they were able to check everything off of their list, they received a goodie bag filled with all the necessary items any pirate would need. An eye patch, hoop earring, small prism spy glass, and compass.   


I didn't buy loot bags because I wanted to create my own.  How do ya like them?  LOL!  All I did was draw a map on a brown paper bag, punch holes and tie ribbon through it.  Voila!  All good pirates have to have a spy glass and binoculars, so I made some using cardboard from toilet paper and paper towel rolls.  My kids have enjoyed them.  Of course, I had to pick up a few blow up swords, to fight off the eneme pirates.  Aargh!

I practiced piping cupcakes this time. I've never really been very good at piping, but it was fun trying it out.   I tried the new trendy cupcake piping and accented with white sugar pearls. 

Arrgh!

Katie's Pirate Ship/Play House

Treasure Hunt Map
I made this map by wadding up a piece of computer paper; pouring tea over the paper; once dried, draw out a map where the treasure is hidden. Yo ho, let's go!

Treasure Chest -
filled with diamond rings, gold coin pieces, necklaces and glow in the dark bracelets
I had planned to print out each child their own treasure chest to create, but forgot to do it. Oops! While we were watching Disney, I noticed that the new children's pirate cartoon, "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" had a printable treasure chest that you put together. Here's the link to treasure chest
Mirya

3 comments:

Laura said...

Fun, fun! You did a great job! Colton cracks me up!

Allison said...

We had such a great time. It was so special for us! You are a wonderful friend and we will most definitely keep in touch. Thank you for all your hard work and we had argh-uably fabulous time!

folding bed said...

cool i like your blog thanks for sharing your best memories....
platform beds