Thursday, June 30, 2011

All About Katie

Katie World
Katie finished her last Summer gymnastics class this week. I think she did so well and she seems to really like it. Now, she can do a backbend in nothing flat. Her skin-the-cat is good for a beginner. She just needs to remember to not let go of the bar so quickly. She doesn't get hurt, she doesn't allow her feet to touch the ground and she ends up falling on her knees. She gets in too big of a hurry that's all. Her coaches have got her in the beginning position of doing a cartwheel.

We hate for her having to pick between ballet and gymnastics, but Doug and I feel that it would be too much on her and us financially. Katie has thought it through and decided to give ballet a rest this year. She wants to try out gymnastics instead. CGCA has their Fall registration on July 18th. Katie is so excited that she finally received her first gym leotard. She's been begging me to buy one from the cheer academy all month. While we were at the Academy store the other day, I had her pick out one that she liked. It's pretty and very very SHINY. LOL!

Below are a few videos of Katie during her gymnastics class. She is in a bright pink and black shorts outfit. In this class, she did a little tumbling along with bars and trampoline. Doug and Colton got to come to this class. Katie was so happy to have her family there watching and supporting her.

Sorry the video is a little shaky and there are so many of them. I have an old Adobe Photoshop software for videos and it doesn't support MP4 videos. I told Doug that I'm going to have to break down and purchase an update.

Katie tumbling




Katie on Trampoline


Katie on the Bars




Katie's New Room


I started painting Katie's room on Thursday and was able to do the finishing touches by Saturday morning. We decorated her room Saturday night and Sunday afternoon with all of her new things that she picked out at Hobby Lobby. It's a good thing that we got the picture when we did because I went back Tuesday night and they were gone. It must be popular this year for young girls'. The peace valance didn't fit on the already existing white rod over the windows.  I tried clipping wooden rings on them to see if that would work.  Nope.  I'll have to get a smaller rod because I don't like the way it looks right now.   I didn't stick the mirror wall decals above her bed because Doug and his parents were talking about getting her a head and foot board. 




While I was moving Katie's room decorations into her new room, it killed me having to pack up her babified decor.  It nearly brought me to tears.  Doug loves to remind me that we don't have babies anymore.  They are just growing up too quickly.  They'll always be my babies. 

Doug took the week off and we've spent a lot of quality family time together.  I'm sure he'll be ready to go back to work next week.  LOL! 
Mirya

No comments: