Thursday, March 29, 2007

March 29, 2007

After great consideration, along with the advise from Doug and Laura, I've decided - I'm open to the world when it comes to my blogs. Doug and I have been talking about it for the past couple of days and he assures me that it would be very hard to someone to figure out exactly where we live, not a member of the family or friends.

It has been a very busy week and still more is to come. Yesterday, I decided to get Katie all dressed up in one of her dresses (I bought it off of ebay) and take a few Easter/Spring pictures. I was so surprised to catch a couple of good shots. It is hard to work with a toddler when it comes to taking pictures. I have a great respect for Professional Photographers. I worked on the pictures most of the morning and I think they turned out pretty good. I was so glad to capture her watching the bee buzzing around the azaleas. I had her turned to where she could see it and still face me somewhat. She was amazed! This is the shot where she is touching one of the blossoms. Before I get all the emails, yes, I realize azaleas are toxic to children and surprisingly this is the only thing she hasn't attempted to eat. When I saw the notice on the news about the bushes, I just looked at Doug and asked him what we should do. I was prepared to be pulling them up. He said we would just need to watch her around them. I posted her pictures this morning on my website. You'll have to check them out.

I got a surprise visit from my nephew yesterday afternoon. He's been on Spring Break this week and bored out of his mind. He spent the afternoon with Katie and myself. We ordered a pizza and ate ribs while watching a movie. Afterwards, we played cards. I guess it has been close to a year ago, Nic introduced to me this card game called "Golf." I really like it. I may not win all the time, but it's a lot of fun. I love playing games of any kind - board, electronic, and card. Doug doesn't like to play games. When he does he'll only play card games, but not when there's just two people. Even then, he doesn't like to play card games at any length of time. He says it's too boring to him. So, I get excited when one of my family members come to see me because I know we can get a game going at any moment. I hope to raise Kaitlyn the same way. When I was still living at home, we would play games just about every night. If not every night, we definitely played every weekend. All of us couldn't wait to get together and get a game going. We, included all of the sisters, nieces, nephews, and sometimes a couple of my brother-in-laws. It's a lot of fun! A great way to laugh and have a good time with one another.

Last night, several of the family members got together at June's house and I guess you would say we had an "American Idol" party. As you know, my aunt and uncle are visiting my parents. Well, Aunt Sherry is a big Idol fan and I didn't know it until she announced "in a few minutes, we have to go inside and watch American Idol." My eyes lite up and I was ready to go. There were quite a few people packed in June's Living Room, watching Idol. We all started howling when Seacrest came out with that hairdo. Oh, my gosh! So Funny! We all started taking bets on who would be in the bottom 3 and who would be leaving. I was real unsure cause I knew Chris didn't sing good the other night, but neither did Phil. I hated that Chris got voted off because I know the boy can sing. I think he just got tired. Plus, this whole Sanjaya mess was probably getting to him. Do you know what Susan told me? She said there have been reports that a group of kids are the main cause for Sanjaya to be the idol contestant with the most votes. They are making it a practical joke to have the worst singer to win the American Idol. Susan seems to think that if this is true, this may be the last year for American Idol because people will get tired of the mess. We had a real good visit, but so tired and ready to come home.

Today, all I did was clean and strip beds. I had hoped to get some work done today, so I could go tomorrow and buy some mulch and bedding flowers for the yard. I also need to go Wal-Mart and pick up a few groceries and other items. Our cupboards are bare! I grilled the last piece of meat tonight - pork chops. They were delicious and so tender! I've been promising Peggy I would make my famous Chicken Salad with Croissant rolls. So, I guess I need to get the stuff and make it. I put grapes, pineapple & pecans in my Chicken Salad. It is so good and I love making it this time of year because the salad is nice and cold. I usually like to serve it with mixed fruit (strawberries, grapes, watermelon, cantaloupe, etc.). Man, this is beginning to sound really yummy! I may have to make it tomorrow. tehe!

Millard and Peggy came over tonight, just to stop by and say "hello." Peggy asked me if we've been practicing with Katie about egg hunting. I had to tell her that we haven't hid the first egg in order for her to find it. I figure there will be so much excitement, even if Katie had been practicing, she would be to involved in watching and playing with the other kids. She won't want to find the eggs. We'll see! If I have time tomorrow, we might have to hide eggs.

Motivation Quote of the Day
"Start your child's day with love and encouragement and end the day the same way." - Zig Ziglar

Take care and God Bless You!

No comments: