Saturday, August 25, 2007

Katie's New Toddler Bed

As I promised, here are pictures of Katie's new bed. She seems to be doing a little better with the whole adjustment. Last night, I thought I would just lay beside her bed until she fell asleep and then sneak out. That was until I kept smelling the new chemical smell from her new toddler bed. I don't know if you could say that I'm allergic to the chemical smell on plastic stuff, but every time I get really bad headaches from smelling it. I don't have to be real close to smell the chemical and I instantly get a headache. Well, I could not force myself to lay on the floor any longer and continue to smell it. I tried just sitting up beside of her bed, but I still had the headache. I had to get some medicine right away and Katie didn't know what was going on, bless her heart. By 10:30, I figured I was distracting her sitting in the floor by her bed, so I decided I would go in the Living Room and check on her later. I did hear some noises in her bedroom and when I checked on her, I figured right. She had a couple of books in bed with her, but she was in her bed. When I checked on her at 11:30, she was sound asleep in bed with the books, stuffed animals and a few pillows. As far as I know, she never woke up until 9:00 this morning. Tonight, I talked with her about it being time to go to bed. She didn't like me turning out the light and closing the door, but she got over it. She cried out a couple of times and when I checked on her, she had a new book in bed with her. I reminded her it was time to go to bed and she tried to milk it as much as she could by pretending to cry. She must have very good night vision because the nightlight I've got turned on is very dim. I don't see how she can find her way clear to the bookshelf and back to bed without falling over something. Amazing!

This morning, I took Sassy to the Vet to be put to sleep. Doug thought it would be a good idea, if I took her while he stayed home with Katie. At first, I didn't like the idea of me going by myself, but now I'm glad I did. I didn't realize how hard it would be for me. Sassy knew something wasn't right. She kept meowing at me from the time we left the driveway til I handed her over to the Vet's Assistant. I didn't expect to be so emotional. I felt so guilty, but I knew it was the right thing to do. Plus, I've seen signs of her in pain with the arthritis in her back legs. I've had to have pets put down in the past and I guess it never gets any easier. One thing is for sure, Doug and I have had our fill of pets for right now. I'm sure Katie will want a kitty or puppy in the future and we will have to deal with it then.

As soon as I got back from the Vet and got a little more self control, we drove out to Millard and Peggy's. We put Katie's crib and changing table in storage. It was kind of a sad moment. Our baby girl is a little girl now! We don't have a baby anymore. I don't think Doug and I would mind whatsoever if we ended up PG any time soon. tehe! No, I'm not saying we are, but we haven't prevented for a little over a year. We've learned if it is the Lord's well, it will happen when He is ready. We talked about it and if it seems like we are having the same problems, we would like to go back to Brookwood. We have agreed that none of this will take place until after Katie's 3rd birthday, if nothing happens before then. Katie enjoyed seeing her Grandma Peggy and Papa Millard. They gave her a cute Disney Princess lamp. Every time you press the on and off button, music/voices begin to play while the princesses twirl around. It's really cute and Katie loves it. When she woke up from her mid-afternoon nap, we had to plug it up and play it a few times before Supper.

When we got back from Millard and Peggy's, I met Mom at a new Spa Open House. The Open House was from 5-8 p.m. We both got there a little after 5 and it was already packed full of people, all dressed up in formal evening gowns. Mom and I felt under dressed because we were there with our capri pants and I had a polo shirt. My Mom has been using this salon for a little while and they decided to move and expand their business. I was invited through Mom because I was interested in the whole spa thing. I've been talking to a few people about trying to find a good massage therapist close by. This spa was very nice and the massage prices were rather reasonable. Mom's hair technician, Joanne, introduced me to their massage therapist, Khala?. She pronounced her name Kayla, but spelled it differently. I really like her, she was very nice. We talked about the different massages. Guess what? She says she knows how to work on people's sinus areas. Yes! I haven't been able to find someone who know how to massage in the sinus problem areas. I got her card and I would like to try her out. Mom told me if and when I try Khala out and if I like her to let her know. Poor Mom has had a couple of bad experiences with massage therapist. First of all, she can't get herself to fully relax during a massage. I think once she finds someone she can relax and let go, she'll enjoy it.

No comments: