Thursday, August 9, 2007

Thanks For The Prayers

I want to thank everyone for all your prayers for Nick. His heart surgery was a great success yesterday. The surgeons went in through his leg, up in his heart and zapped all the bad cells causing his problem. Most of his family got to welcome him home last night. The doctors wanted him up and walking around every hour. How long he was suppose to do this, I have no idea. He told me that he wasn't in much pain, but he was a little upset when he woke up from the surgery and couldn't move. It would scare me to death! Today, he is feeling a little achy, but is still doing good.

Please keep my niece, Liz, in your prayers. She has been experiencing some labor pains. The doctor put her on some medicine to stop the contractions for fear the baby's lungs are not fully developed. By Monday, she will be 37 weeks and be taken off the medicine. Sandy told me yesterday that when the drug begins to wear off and it's time to take some more, her contractions start again. She feels we will have baby Jake here by Monday. It's time to put our bids in as to when Jake will be here. Since Sandy predicted Monday, I say Tuesday morning. I caught up with my emails this afternoon and Liz sent me an email Tuesday saying she was having contractions and the baby had dropped. I know they've got to be getting excited right now. It won't be long!

As far as Katie and myself, I ask you to please keep me in your prayers. The terrible twos have really been testing me to no end. It's really been stressing me out and it can be rough at times. There are days when I don't seem to get a break! Yesterday, we (Katie & myself) had a lot of things we had to get accomplished before we went to Pat and June's house. Katie decides to get up at 5:30 in the morning. Doug puts her in bed with me as he goes out the door to work. I knew in my mind, she wouldn't go back to sleep. Knowing all we had to do, I tried my best until 6:15 to get her to go back to sleep. By 6:15, she began to holler for milk. Ugh!!!! We left the house around 9:00 to get our errands done. First stop was to Books-A-Million. I wanted to get Nick some magazines and see if there were any good bargains. Of course, I would have to pick a day to go to the bookstore when they would be having an inventory day. The place was crawling with people. Katie didn't want to hang out in the magazine section. I even tried to get her interested in some princess and animal magazines. Nope! She wouldn't have it. She wanted to go to her book section, where we normally go. This fit would her first of several meltdowns for the day. I tried bribing, threatening and finally spanking was needed. Several times, I felt like throwing my hands up and heading back home, but I knew if I did that it would just mean I give in. I was not about to give in and I was bound and determined to get through this day. I might have made other people's day miserable, but it had to be done. We may have started with BAM, but we also went to the Post Office, UPS Store, Library, newspaper company and finally went to Wal-Mart to get some groceries. She was pretty good by the time we got to Wal-Mart and she wanted McDonalds for lunch, so I got her a Happy Meal and headed home. We got home around 12:45 and she was out like a light. I wanted Katie to have a good nap before we went over to Pat and June's house. She ended up sleeping for 2 hours and I hated having to wake her up. My plan was to straighten up Pat and June's house before they got home with Nick. I didn't know if Katie would cooperate, so I packed up the whole house to take with us. Thankfully, Leslie was there with Mom and Dad. If it wasn't for Leslie, I wouldn't have been able to do the things I needed to do. I just hate it for Leslie because she had to deal with Katie's terrible twos as well. Leslie - I'm sorry! You maybe saying to yourself right now, I can't believe your talking about sweet little Katiebug. She is so sweet and she wouldn't do anything bad. Ha! The problems we are facing right now is hitting, drama fits (when she doesn't get her way) and yelling, on top of the whining. I'm sticking with the Nanny911 methods - naughty chair, get down to her level and explain, etc. , but I'm having problems with consistency. When it's just me and her and she pulls one of her tricks, it's easier for me to turn my head and act like I didn't see it. There are just so many naughty chair times you can take. Obviously, I'm acting out on Doug (I know I shouldn't) when I have bad days. Doug said the other night, Millard and Peggy will be taking Katie home with them Friday night, while we go out on a date. I could really use the break. I don't know what we will be doing tomorrow night. Doug mentioned going to the movies. There's list of new movies I would like to see: No Reservations, Stardust, Rush Hour 3, Becoming Jane and Daddy Day Camp. Knowing Doug, we will probably end up watching Rush Hour 3. I really liked the other two Rush Hour movies - so funny. Hopefully, this Rush Hour won't disappoint me.

Hope ya'll have a great weekend! Take care and God Bless You!

No comments: