Thursday, August 12, 2010

"The Boys of Fall"


Kenny Chesney - "The Boys of Fall"

My cousin had this on his Facebook and I had to share it with you football fans. It doesn't matter if you're a Giants or Bama fan, a frenzy starts as soon as you see your favorite team charging through the fans or tunnel onto the field, ready to play some ball. I don't know about you, but the hairs on my arms stand straight up and I get a rush of adrenaline racing through my veins when I see them and their excitement. It doesn't matter how you start, it's how you finish. This not only applies to a game, but also to our everyday life as well. It doesn't matter how you started your day, it's how you finished it. For instance, did you finish your day by ranting and raving at a stranger that took your parking space that you were waiting for or did you ask God to forgive that person for being so rude by getting your parking space? When you preview your day every night, ask yourself  "would God be pleased with me and the way I finished today?"  To get a little deeper, you could review your life and ask "how will you finish at the end of your life, when you are face to face with God Almighty?"  Something to think about.

I'm so ready for Fall and Football. It's two great events come together with a side homemade chili along with chips and dip.  I LOVE IT! 

An Actual News Report
Antonie Dodson has made a name for himself this past month.  He helped rescue his sister from being raped upstairs in their apartment.  Some creep broke into the upstairs window and proceded to rape a young lady, while sleeping in the bed with her little girl.  Why am I interested in this guy and story enough to blog about him?  Well, this incident happened in Huntsville, AL at the housing projects.  Antonie was so upset about what happened that he let his feelings get ahold of him.  Now, this guy is all over the internet from YouTube (rap remixes) to iTunes.  He seems excited that he's getting so much attention, but his intent was to catch the creep that did this heinous act to his sister.  He just wanted to get his point across to the violator.  Here are three videos for you to check out, if you haven't seen them.  1. Rap Remix; 2. Original news report from WAFF Channel 48; 3. Second news report on all the hype. 







Mirya

2 comments:

The Thorsrud Family said...

I have a new tune to sing while doing the dishes now.

Anonymous said...

That is my FAVORITE song!! I think of our Jon-Jon, and yes, I get emotional, he is my "BOY OF FALL". Go Bulldogs! Roll Tide! Go Pokes! Go Broncos! Those are my teams this year! Some day our Little Colton, Jacob, and Carson will be boys of fall. I will enjoy those days too. Have a great football season. Love, Sandy