Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Katie's First Project & Charlie Brown

Katie's Project

Katie and I just finished her first school project. The assignment is a part of her Social Studies, "All About Me." On a piece of poster board, she has to tell her class about herself. I titled it "All The Things I Love." I took a piece of construction paper in the shape of a gingerbread man and turned it into a mini ballerina Katie. I wish I would have made the lips a little more perky, but I can't draw lips very well without them looking weird. The leotards and slippers are made out of shiny pink scrapbook paper and pink iridescent flower sequins. I used rose petals to make the tutu. I found the cute giggle eyes from Hobby Lobby. I think they work perfectly, I'm so glad I found them. I pasted various pictures of Katie and the people/things she loves (family, brother, cooking, ballet, beach and books). I was very limited on space. So, I wrote little sentences all over, which told the story. For instance, her favorite color is pink. She loves to laugh and make new friends. How she loves to play pretend with her Barbies and other dolls. Last night, Katie put on the final touches ~ stickers ~ which I think really made the poster complete. The poster isn't due until Friday, but she really wanted to take it this morning. She was so happy with it, which is all that matters. Right? Doug has decided to take the day off tomorrow, so we've convinced Katie to wait to take the poster then. This way, I can carry it in for her and won't have to worry about Colton.


Colton wanted to in on the action


My Charlie Brown

Out of all the toys Colton has, he loves to play with his and daddy's caps. If he had on a yellow t-shirt with a black zigzag design on the front, he would look like Charlie Brown. In fact, "Charlie Brown" is Colton's nickname my sister, Maryann, gave him since he learned to walk. We all pretty much agree with her. Doug wants me to try to find a Charlie Brown shirt for him. I thought this picture of him wearing his daddy's cap made him look pretty close to Charlie Brown, playing baseball.



Colton dancing to music from the television


My Personal Workout Progress
I don't want to say it too loud, but since I've been going to the gym (one week ago) I've lost 7 lbs. Yay! Sure, I realize more than likely it's just water. Hey, it's still weight loss. Right? It's given me a little more encouragement to keep up the good work. I've committed to 12 months of physical fitness. I mostly do power walking for close to 3 1/2 miles on a program called "Pike's Peak." When I'm inclined I try to really stretch my leg muscles. I can tell it is working because my heartrate goes up and the sweat. Yuck! I do the strength training with my sister. I try to do 3 set of 15 reps per machine. Ugh! Can you say ~ FEEL THE PAIN? Today, I can really feel a little burn in the muscles under my arms. You know, where your flappy wings end up showing? I also feel the muscles in my sides burning as well. So I know it's working.


Mirya

1 comment:

Laura said...

Congrats on the loss!! And I think Colton would make THE perfect Charlie Brown for Halloween! They have the shirts on Etsy. I don't know how much, though. You did wonderful on Katie's project! And Colton's "stance" just totally cracked me up!!