Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Jackie Absolutely Has Talent!


I have to admit that I haven't been following this year's "America's Got Talent".  Tonight, I flipped over because I was talking to Maryann on the phone and she told me that I had to turn it on and watch the guy doing his talent with his bike.  The guy with the bike was great, but nothing touched this 10 year old PA girl's talent.  All I can say is WOW!  She is absolutely out of this world talented at such a young age.  Not a pop or crack in this little girl's voice.  She is an angel.

I'm going to have to watch every week until finale now because there are so many talented people on this year.  I feel bad that I've missed so much. 

Side note:  Fighting Gravity's routine was crazy wicked.  I love their glow-in-the-dark contact lens.  I think I need to go out and buy some just to freak people out.  LOL!

Stomach Bug
The stomach bug has been going around and this Mason Bunch finally told that bug to pack it up and leave today.  He wore out his welcome the day he arrived on Thursday night.  Of course, momma was the last to get it.  I just thank the dear Lord for allowing it to hit me last, so I could take care of all my other little (and big) patients.  Doug came home last night not feeling good, right after I was getting Katie to feeling better.  I had him immediately quaratined to the bedroom for the rest of the night.  The poor man went to bed with the chills and slept from 7PM - 4AM.  Thankfully, he felt well enough to go to work today.  I could tell this morning, this was not going to be a good day for me.  Fortunately, I was able to get Katie to school before I got to feeling really bad.  Thankfully, I didn't get all the symptoms like everyone else had.  Again, I have to thank God because Peggy was home.  Millard and Peggy came by and picked up Colton for the day because I didn't want to take any chances.  Still not wanting to expose Katie, Millard was so nice to go pick her up from school and take her back home with him.  I'm so blessed to have such a great family.  Thankfully, I didn't feel sick for very long, but I rested and watched lots of television.  I've come to a conclusion - THERE'S NOTHING ON TV.  It doesn't matter if you have 3 channels (like I had growing up) or 1000 channels (satellite or cable), there is still nothing ever on that's worth watching.  I was too pooped to go back and forth watching DVDs, so I slept. 

Mirya

No comments: