Sunday, August 15, 2010

Movies In Review

Date Night
Starring Steve Carrell and Tina Fey
I think Steve and Tina are really good actors/actress. I've never been disppointed in a movie with them in it. "Date Night" is a movie to wake up us old couple per say. We find our comfort zone, schedules, and normal everyday routines and we think we are happy. A lot of us don't like to change because you don't know what to expect. Will we regret it? Will it be a moment that we'll never forget? When we do decide to venture outside these comfort zone, put a little spice back into our marriage, some times it doesn't work out as planned. That's what I've always thought of marriage, something to always be working on. Never give up. Well, this movie reflects the average run of the mill couple with children and what happens when they decide to spice up their marriage by doing something so off the wall that it leads them into a world of trouble. It's a good entertaining movie. I thought it was humorous in a lot of spots, mostly dry humor.


This movie is strictly for adults. Eventhough there are no sex scenes, it is very suggestive and bad language.

My Life In Ruins
starring Richard Dreffus and Nia Vardalos
My fascination with Italy and Greece automatically reeled me in when it came to this movie. I loved Nia Vardalos in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and she is awesome in this movie as well. This isn't a double over, split a gut hilarious movie, but it was lots of fun. Most importantly, they introduce to you the beautiful and fascinating landscape of Greece. The amazing ancient architecture, breathtaking Mediterranean and clusters of bright white limestone houses perched up on the mountain tops. So beautiful! This story tells how a professor loved a country such as Greece so much that she moved there in hopes to teach ancient Greek architecture, but she wasn't able to find a job. She wouldn't give up. She sent resumes all over the world, in hopes to teach others what she knows and loves. Teaching wasn't in the cards. It's very important in Greece to find your happy spot. I forgot what they called it, but it where you're cup is flowing over with happiness, peace, laughter and yes DANCE. I don't want to spoil it for you. Will Georgia find her happy spot? I thought it was a great story.


Eventhough there were no scenes, it was suggestive. I wouldn't recommend watching this movie in front of small children.


Mirya

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to "My Life in Ruins!" I love a god movie filmed in another country, gives me the traveling bug!