Wednesday, August 4, 2010

National Sister's Day

National Sister's Day!
August 5th

My Grandparents, Parents and Sisters - I'm the little girl mom's holding

You may not know this about me, but I have 4 sisters and no brothers.  We like to tease our parents and say that they tried and tried for a boy, but God has a good sense of humor.  All of my sisters are older than I, I might add.  LOL!  Since tomorrow is National Sister's Day, I would love to express my love for them all.

I have such warm, funny and wonderful memories of my sisters.  Whether they know it or not, they are all in their own way very witty, kind, beautiful and more importantly . . . LOVING.  They may have different personalities, I think we all sing the same song when it comes to the love and respect for each other. 
At Whitney & Zayne's Wedding Rehearsal Dinner - We were acting crazy

There are 16 years between me and my eldest sister, but you wouldn't know it because we all look young.  I think it's because we have learned to laugh.  I think laughter keeps the heart and spirit YOUNG.  I'm not talking about laughing at a bad situation or at someone's expense, but the laughter of LIFE.  I think we have experienced through life that it is more important to LEARN to be able to LAUGH at yourself, everything else falls into place. 

The sisters of 5, we together have 10 children.  We have 5 girls and 5 boys.  Yes, eventhough they may not admit it, I consider my sisters' children mine and vice versa.  No one says anything bad about my sweet beautiful/handsome nieces and nephews.   

Like any sisters, we fuss and have the occasional disagreement.  But when things get tough, we put our feelings upon a shelf and come together as one.  Sure, there are times when we could pull each other's hair out, but we try to overlook the small things.  FAMILY is so much more important and WE LOVE EACH OTHER VERY MUCH!  (Now that I'm tearing, I must conclude) 

No, you're not miss counting.  The beautiful lady in the pink shirt is my sweet cousin, Lissa.

Maryann, Sandy, June and Susan -

You are my CLOSE FRIEND, my CONFIDANT, my MOTHER FIGURE, my ADVISER, my TEACHER.  More importantly,

YOU ARE MY SISTER!  I LOVE You with all my being and am proud to call you my Sister and Friend.   
Your Baby Sister,

Mirya

 
Mirya

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mi,
You made me cry! You will always be my sweet little baby sister who brought so much sunshine into our lives during a very important time. The Lord knew that we needed you very much at that time. Hugs and Kisses to you and all my sisters. Love, Sister Sandy

The Keyes Family said...

that was such a sweet post for your sisters. I hope they all see it and feel loved. ;-)