Monday, November 19, 2007

In The Holiday Spirit!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Today was a busy day for Momma and Katiebug. We got in Katie's room and cleaned it from top to bottom, put away toys, strip the bed, dusted, washed windows & vaccumed. She is still crabby from being sicky this past week, so I thought I could brighten her day by putting up her little tree. I didn't tell her, I just started pulling out the store bags full of Christmas decoration that we bought for her room. She began getting excited when she saw the ornaments, we bought a long time ago. I did have a bad time keeping her from taking the ornaments off the tree. Fortunately, the Christmas ornaments are not glass, so I won't have to worry too much if she gets a hold of them. I also brought out the Cinderella Snow Globe, she pick out a long time ago. I think she forgot about it because when she saw it, she got so excited. She wouldn't hardly give me time to take it out of the box. I would still like to get her the Little People Nativity Set, but I would have to buy it online. I check Wal-Mart everytime I go inside and they don't have it displayed. Fisher Price is selling the whole set for $30, but I don't know how much shipping and handling cost. Wal-Mart is selling the set for $32 and I might be able to get the "Site to Store" offer. I'll have to think about it.

When I finished with Katie's room, I took down all the Fall/Thanksgiving decorations. Yeah, I know Thanksgiving isn't here yet. I thought it would be a good opportunity for me to go ahead and clean the house real good before we set out all the Christmas decorations this weekend. I got a lot accomplished, but still have much more to do tomorrow. Doug has Friday off, so I think I'm going to take advantage. I always need help getting all the Christmas decorations out of the attic & underneath the house. We have so much, but it always looks nice when we are finished.

We are still having problems with our phone, a real loud buzzing sound. Doug called the phone company again. They are suppose to be here sometime tomorrow. I hate waiting on a repair man because you can't make plans. They tell you that they'll be here any time between 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Last time we had to have the phone company out here, they got here pretty early that morning. I'm hoping they'll do the same tomorrow because I've got so much to do. I need to pick up Jonathan's gift, a few items from the grocery store and I'd like to stop by a couple more stores before going home.

Wednesday, I plan on preparing a couple of my Thanksgiving plates for Thursday. I offered to help June straighten up her house since we are having Thanksgiving there.

I don't know if we told you or not. I don't know if we did the right thing, I want to think we did. Anyway, Doug took Dexter to the Vet's to be laid down. We've been watching him now for the past couple of months and I've seen a severe decline in his health. He is just skin & bones and I'm talking about you can see his skull. There is absolutely no reason for him to be this skinny because we have an automatic dog feed that is kept full. Plus we feed them lots of table scrapes. He looked so pitiful. Last week or so, Doug brought to my attention that his right eye was bleeding. More than likely this was a result of him and Montana fighting. He did have blood down his cheek bone and mussel. The eye cleared up by the weekend, but he still looked so pitiful. I think he lived a good life of nearly 12 1/2 years and I mean he always was a happy go lucky dog. When he was younger, he loved to play fetch, chase, chewing on his toys and go for walks around the neighborhood. The arthritis in his back legs prevented him from doing all the things he loved to do. At first, Montana was a little upset about Dexter being gone. We've tried to keep the back door open, so he can see us and Katie likes to talk to him.

I have to tell you this story. As Katie and I was cleaning her room, she was helping me strip her sheets when she decided that it would be much more fun if she watched Bambi. Okay. I put her Bambi DVD on and went back to work. I could hear her in the hallway talking and at first I couldn't make out what she was saying. Then it dawned on she was calling for me. She was calling, "Mother, Mother where are you?" Yes, she called my Mother! I asked her where did she hear that word. She began laughing and said it even more. The more I got on to her about calling me Mother instead of Mommy, the more she did it. Then I remembered, Bambi calls his Mom, "Mother." I couldn't help but laugh at her laughing at me calling me "Mother." The little turkey! You know I've been telling you how she wants to help me all the time. Well, now she has to help me carry the clothes basket to the hamper, get the clothes put into the basket and then help me carry it to the washer. Believe it or not, she does a good job picking up the basket. Of course, she picks up one end and I pick up the other end.

No comments: