Thursday, November 15, 2007

Katie Woke Up Sick

Well, it's 5 til 4 o'clock in the morning. Katie wasn't feeling too good last night. In fact, she would lay around yesterday afternoon and I decided to take her temperature around 8:00 p.m. She had a temperature of 100.5 degrees. We gave her some Tylenol and sent her to bed to rest. It took a while, but she finally fell asleep around 9:00. This morning, I woke up at 2:00 a.m. with the dreaded cough from Katie's room. As soon as I made it to her room, she threw up a little and of course was crying because she was scared. "Yucky Mommy!" she told me. Doug came in to help me out. After we got her and her bed all cleaned up, she didn't want to go back to bed. I took her in the Living Room to rock, while Doug washed the linens. Poor baby had a slight fever of 100.8 degrees. Before Doug went back to bed, he was nice enough to get baby girl some Motrin for her fever. We've tried to get her to lay down in Daddy's bed, but she refuses. So, her and I have been watching Little Einsteins and Mickey Mouse videos this morning. Last Tuesday, she had the flu mist instead of the shot and we suspect (hope) her sickness is a result from the mist. Doug told me that he spoke to a few people at work. They told him that the flu mist has live flu bugs instead of the flu shot, which has dead flu bugs. I just think it's funny because she started feeling bad yesterday afternoon, instead of Tuesday night or yesterday morning. Who knows! I've been keeping my fingers crossed because she seems to be feeling a little better, laughing at Goofy on TV. I finally persuaded her to lay down on the love seat because she seemed uncomfortable laying in my lap rocking.

I'm sure you've seen the news last night. It was decided that Ben Stanford's death was a result of teen suicide. The family can't understand and are in doubt, according to Carrie. Of course, they are all having a hard time coping with all of this information.

1 comment:

Laura said...

How's Katie-bug? Alise was coughing and sounded like she was drowning in flem all the time. She threw up once. We got the ol' vaporizer out and I called the doc for a prescription and he fixed me right up. Of course, it could still be the flu shot -I mean mist - too!