Monday, June 22, 2009

Colton's Doctor Appointment

The report is in, Colton is a very healthy little boy. Ha! He weighs 13 lbs. 4 1/2 oz. and is 26 inches long. Dr. Lunsford said everything sounds and looks good. He even added that Colton seemed like a happy little baby. I informed Dr. Lunsford about Colton still getting strangled either on his own spit or milk. He's been like this his whole life, so far. Dr. Lunsford seems to think he might have reflux. So, he wants me to start thickening Colton's bottles with rice cereal. I'm to put 1 tablespoon of rice cereal to 1 oz. of milk. Sounds pretty thick, which he said it would. I think once Colton begins drinking rice milk, he'll really put on the weight and hopefully sleep a little longer during the night. Dr. Lunsford feels that the thick milk won't choke him so easily. He's been averaging 4 oz. of milk every 4 hours. Poor baby had to have 3 shots and 1 liquid vaccination today. Bless his heart, he screamed so loud. I went ahead and warned Katie about it before hand. She can't stand it when he cries. Dr. Lunsford said that I can start spoon feeding him cereal at 4 months. I was thinking for some reason it was 3 months. Colton's suppose to go back when he is 4 months old. I've made him an appointment for the end of July. Poor baby, he'll have to go through those shots again. I hate it for him, but I know it's good for him.

As soon as we got home, I gave him some Tylenol, fed him 4 oz. of milk and he went right to sleep. He seemed fine until he woke up from his 4 hour nap. You could tell he didn't feel good and he acted like he had a little bit of a tummyache. I gave him some Gas Relief before he went back to bed for the night.

I'm not familiar feeding a baby cereal through a bottle. Doug and I are unsure if the cereal would be able to go through the nipples that I fed Katie. I have these fast flowing nipples that I put slits in them because Dr. Lunsford thought Katie wasn't getting enough milk. We thought it would be best to get some nipples that are made for feeding babies cereal by bottle. I guess me and the kids will make a store run tomorrow. Doug offered to go, but something like this, I would feel comfortable doing it myself.

Katie's Birthday Party
I'm at the point where, I think I need to postpone Katie's birthday party for the next weekend. I'm so glad I hadn't sent out the invites yet. I don't know what I was thinking having the party the day after Zayne & Whitney's wedding. And I was really crazy thinking I could make the cake and cupcakes myself. I got to figuring. I would have to bake the cake and cupcakes Friday night in order for them to still be good by Sunday. The only thing is, Friday night is wedding rehearsal night and we're suppose to be at the church before 6 PM. We'll be gone all Saturday, getting Katie's hair fixed, pictures taken and the wedding that evening. Sunday, I'll be too busy decorating and getting everything in order before the party at 5 PM. Ugh! I spoke to Doug about tonight and he doesn't want me to do anything definiate until we talk about it a little more later. I just think it would be best for me. Sure, it would be great to have everyone over that Sunday, but I just don't see it happening and my nervous all in one piece.

Speaking of party, I got in Katie's party supplies. The ballet slipper pinata is so cute! All of Katie's Groovy Girls, GG Couch and pony came in. Cute! Oh, I've got to tell you. The "Father's Day" cake I made this past weekend, Katie thought it was hers. When I explained to her that it wasn't, she began asking where was her cake. Now for the past couple of days, she has asked me where was her cake. She is so impatient, just like her mother.
Mirya

No comments: