Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Royal Icing Recipe

This recipe is the best decorator's icing, I've every made. I found this recipe in a "Martha Stewart Living Magazine" many many years ago and I still use it to this day. It does great on Christmas cookies.

Royal Icing
2 large egg whites
4 c. sifted confectioners sugar
juice of 1 lemon and 3 drops of glycerin (optional)

Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Add sugar; beat for 1 minute more.

If icing is too thick, add more egg whites; if too thin, add more sugar.

Makes about 2 cups

Mirya

4 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks, Mirya! Your recipe looks similiar to the one I plan to use.

Sandy Keyes said...

Hey Mi,
I have used the powder egg whites, then you don't have to worry about spoilage. Works great.
Sandy

Nicole said...

I want to decorate gingerbread men, will this recipe work for that. Can I split the mix and colour each portion before piping it on the cookies?

TheMasonBunch said...

Nicole - absolutely. Check out my Royal Icing Recipe Question/Answer post dated August 7, 2009 for more information.

Thanks for checking out my blog.