Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Millard!

I would like to wish Millard a very . . .

Happy Birthday!



Anniversary Date
Saturday, Doug and I dropped the kids off at Peggy and Millard's, so we could go pick up Millard's birthday gift. We thought we would take this opportunity to celebrate our 14th Wedding Anniversary. I can't hardly believe that we've been married for 14 years. Time does fly.

We had such a good time, just me and him. It's been a long time since we've had a nice date. We decided to eat at one of our favorite restaurants, Cantina Laredo at Bridge Street. Doug had their Steak Tacos and I had their Enchilada Veracruz with their famous Top Shelf Guacamole. Oh, everything was so good. I tasted Doug's Steak Tacos and it was so good. You can dip it in a cheddar cheese sauce. Yummy! It tasted just like a steak sandwich. Here are a few pictures:

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Happy Anniversary

Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

After lunch, we got to shop around Bridge Street. Yay! I got to visit two of my favorite clothing stores, J. Jill and Coldwater Creek. J. Jill was having a pretty good sale, but Coldwater Creek wasn't. Ugh! For my anniversary present from Doug, I bought myself a nice pair of pants & top from J. Jill. NY & Company had their jewelry on sale, buy one, get one for free. I love it when I see signs like that. I found a necklace and pair of earrings that would go perfect with my new outfit from J. Jill. Yes! They also had their purses on sale for 60% off, but they had been picked through. :( I made my way over to Gymborees and Strasburg. I picked up an outfit and lots of hair accessories for Katie. I found a baseball polo one piece for Colton that was 60% off ($2.79). I also found Katie a cute sweat shirt material jacket with faux fur in the hoodie. I thought it would be perfect for those cool mornings next fall. I love finding good deals. Last but not least, we stopped by Barnes & Noble before leaving Bridge Street. Doug hung out in the magazine section, while I went searching for my next Shopaholic book. As you may know, I'm currently reading "Shopaholic takes Manhattan". I love this series from Sophie Kinsella. I've read twelve chapters out of seventeen and soon I'll be ready for the next book in the series, "Shopaholic Ties The Knot". I was so thrilled to see that Barnes & Noble had every one of the books available in the series. I went ahead and got the next book "Shopaholic Ties The Knot". I'm hoping by the time I need the next novel, I'll get to go back to Bridge Street. Ha! What a good excuse to go back!

We picked up a pressure washer for Millard's birthday present from Sam's Club. While Doug was off looking for him and Millard's new toy, I went getting ideas for Katie's birthday party. I always have fun looking at all the neat stuff at Sam's Club, just like I have fun going through all the neat stuff at Walmart. By the time we left Sam's Club, it was time to eat supper. We wanted to go to the new Mellow Mushroom Restaurant in Madison, but their were tons of people piled outside the door, waiting for a table to open. I was so disappointed, but at least we have one a little closer now. We decided to go by Beauregards Restaurant instead. I had their Carribean Chicken Sandwich and Doug had their famous Fried Bologna Sandwich. The next time, I would like to try their Buffalo Style Wings. I saw one lady at the bar going after it. She ordered a dozen wings, it looked like. It must be good when someone is licking their fingers the way she did.

We went ahead and gave Millard his pressure washer last night. Him and Doug have been wanting to go in on a good pressure washer for quite some time. He seemed to really like it.

After church, we headed on over to Peggy and Millard's for his birthday dinner. We had steak, potatoes, salad, barbeque bread, baked beans and turtle pie for dessert. Yummy! Afterwards, the guys (Doug, Millard & Henry) went outside to try out the new toy. Their sidewalk looked really nice and white after they finished washing it off. We're planning on using it for our driveway and back porch before Katie's birthday party. We had a very good visit and I think Millard had a good day.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Happy B'day Millard
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Colton Sleeps
Would you believe that Colton slept all night last night? Granted, we didn't go to bed until midnight, but still. I woke up so rested this morning at 6:00 AM. Then, it hit me that Colton didn't wake up any during the night. It didn't scare me too much because I knew what had happened. Let's just hope that it will continue. It's weird, I'm not so grumpy and cranky when I actually get more than 4 hours of sleep.

I think Colton might be going through another growth spurt because he slept a lot yesterday and slept most of the day away today. I had to wake him up this evening so he wouldn't miss his 6:30 PM feeding. He's still eating 4 ounces at a time. It's rare, he eats less than 3 ounces now. I don't think it will be much longer before he begins to turn over. He'll take both of his feet and push down on the bed or couch with them, causing his bottom to lift. From there, he'll rock from side to side.

Blog Sites You've Got To Check Out
Allison, I thought of you when I saw "Bama Balloons" newest display for "Barkit Market" at Ross Bridge. They had a booth for "Creative Dog Training", which used "Bama Balloons" to design their display. Really cute!

Do you like lasagna? I love it! The only problem is a casserole dish makes so much that you'll end up with left-overs for a week. Linda found a recipe years ago for "Lasagna Roll-Ups". What a great idea? If you like lasagna, but don't want all the left-overs, you need to check out her recipe for "Lasagna Roll-Ups".


New Upcoming Movies
Do you like the "Ghostbusters" movies? I loved them. This past week, AMC showed both movies over and over. AMC announced, "Ghostbusters" will be reuniting in order to make a "Ghostbusters III" movie. They are currently working on it and will be released 2012. Apparently all the original team will be in the movie. I hope it will be as funny as the past two.

I'm so excited! "Confessions of a Shopaholic" will be out on DVD June 12th (I think). I knew it would be some time in June, so I kept my eyes open. Finally, I got an exact date as to when it will be released on DVD. I really hope it will be just as good as the books.

No comments: