Saturday, June 20, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect!


Alright, I know it's not perfect, but it is my very first fondant cake. You talk about nervous! I'm always nervous when I try something new. Yes, there are a few cracks and my bow could be better. I wanted to do a very simple cake. I tried embossing for the border, but I think it needs some icing border as well. I actually forgot to do a few things to my bow, but like I said it's my first. I have to say it was fun doing it. Let's just hope it will taste as good as it looks. I'm hoping the more I do fondant cakes, the better they will look. Ha!




I'm pleased with my ballet slipper candies! After SEVERAL trial runs, I came up with these. I think they are pretty. Now, I need about a couple dozen more by party day.



CMT Awards
My gosh, do you know who saw on the CMT Awards today? Do you remember the group B-52? When I was a teenager, one of the big hits was "Love Shack." I use to know all the lyrics to the song. Anyway, B-52 came out on stage with Sugarland singing "Love Shack". Wow! They looked so old. I guess they would be in their late 50's.

Happy Father's Day!

Colton is to be dedicated at church tomorrow morning. After church, Millard & Peggy are coming to our house to celebrate "Father's Day." Later, we'll head over to Mom & Dad's. June said, we were just going to grill out hamburgers & hot dogs. I'm bringing stuff to make icees and of course I'll take my cake, I made.
Mirya

2 comments:

Laura said...

Your cake looks fab, Mi! You did a great job! Can't wait to hear how it tastes! And the ballet shoes look wonderful, too! I hope Katie knows how special her mom is!!

Anonymous said...

The cake and candies look amazing!!