Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fantastic Party Ideas and Lots of Pinkalicious Fun


Who has seen the new "Pinkalicious" toys at Walmart? Me, me, me! {raising my hand} Katie has been a fan of the "Pinkalicious" books for a couple of years now. We own the following "Pinkalicious" books: Pinkalicious, Purplilicious, Goldilicious and Pinkalicious, Tickled Pink. She loves them all, but I think her favorite will always be "Pinkalicious." She loves the fact that Pinkalicious turns pink from eating all the cupcakes. Katie wishes she could turn pink as well.

Santa has been shopping early, while supplies last

I say this because The Celebration Shoppe posted a great "Pinkalicious" Birthday Party.  It is precious!  I love finding out how she got all the ideas.  If Katie's birthday wasn't so far out in the future, I would love to propose the idea to Katiebug. 



Cookies are from The Cookie Jar

Think Pinkalicious has some fun printables, games and other activities for your little "Pinkalicious."  I plan on printing out the activities for Katie.  She loves for me to give her print outs like this, she says that they are a lot of fun. 

I also found HarperCollins Children's Books website has several great online and printable activites for your storybook readers. I haven't had the opportunity to show it to Katie yet.  She will think that it was Christmas with all the fun games and activities, she could do. 

Sweet Bambinos that The Celebration Shoppe featured on her Pinkalicious post, got a lot of her party supplies and gifts from a few neat shops, including The Celebration Shoppe.  I really liked a couple of the places, purchased from like Bday Bears and Halo Heaven, which has some very reasonable priced costume accessories such as tutus, wings, halos, wands, etc. The next princess or costume party I host, I will definitely be going here first. As much as Katie loves to play dress up, I'm tempted to get her some tutus and wings to replace the items she out grows. Really neat website. Check out Sweet Bambinos blog to get additional ideas and vendor information. 

Sweet Bambinos created the cutest tier trays for her Pinkalicious party.  I suppose you could find a lot of the items at a General Dollar or Family Dollar store.  She basically purchased mix-matched candlestick holders and bowls or platters, spray painted them (first with a primer and then desired color) and glued them together to either make a tier serving tray or individual as shown in the pictures.  Check out her website for more information.  Currently, I stack my cake stands if I need a tier, but this idea sounds less breakable.  LOL! 


Mirya

1 comment:

The Thorsrud Family said...

Well I think I just found what MAddie will get for Christmas or her birthday! I havent seen any of these toys, but MAddie has always been a H-U-G-E fan of Pinkalicious! She also likes purplelcious, and goldalicious. Maddies favorite color is pink pink pink!!! My mom got her that book some time ago, and its been a favorite since! Hey, I dont blame you for not going to the fair. Ick. Your just being a good mama. :0)