Monday, October 6, 2008

Apple Pie

This time of year, I usually love to create my favorite comfort foods. I thought I would share a couple of my favorite Fall time recipes with you. Hopefully when I'm feeling up to baking and cooking again, I'll make one or both of these recipes and take a picture for you.

This recipe was passed down to me from my mother-in-law. I love it! Every time I've made it, I never have any left after a get together.

Apple Pie
1 Granny Smith Apple (cut in 8's)
1 roll Cresent Rolls
1 stick butter or 1/2 cup butter, soft
1 cup sugar
1 cup orange juice
Apple Pie Spice

  1. Roll crescents around each apple piece. Place in a square pan. Sprinkle apple pie spice on top of each.
  2. In a small sauce pan combine: orange juice, sugar and butter. Mix on medium heat until butter melts.
  3. Pour sauce on top of apples.
  4. Bake on 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serves 8

1 comment:

The Keyes Family said...

I'm going to try and get the stuff to make these this weekend. They sound really yummy!