Friday, October 3, 2008

First Trimester Celebration

Whoo Hoo! I've made it through our first trimester! I wanted to celebrate by thank you for all of your prayers for me and my family (Doug & Katie). We appreciate every one. I'm sorry, but it's October and time to feel a little Fallish that's why I had to put the Alabama decorations up and create one for Fall. I found a few Halloween pictures of Katie from last year and come up with my new header. I hope you enjoy it.

Katie is ready for Halloween this year. It's amazing how she remembers specific things like decorations that I used last year and she talks about them. She's smart as a tack. I may not be 100%, but I'm hoping, with Doug's help, to put up some Halloween decorations for Katie. Most of you know me and how I love to decorate for the holidays. I don't want to disciple Katie and not have any Halloween decorations up just because I don't feel up to it.

The weather has been gorgeous here this past few days and has been a little bit of a tease for me with temperatures in the mid 70's during the day and in the 50's at night. I've been complaining about how stinky my house has been smelling since I've been pregnant. Of course, Doug says that it doesn't stink to him and it's all in my head, which he is probably right. Saying that, I've been turning off the heat pump and opening up the house and letting it breathe. Ahhh! It smells much better now.

Hope y'all have a great weekend and enjoy your community Harvest Festivals and Octoberfest. Our Octoberfest starts today. I've got to get out and take pictures of the haystack people in and around town. Katie saw them the first time last week. She asked me, "Mom, what's that?" Of course, they were not finished because they were missing their clothes. It was a little hard for Katie to understand that they are suppose to be haystack people. Ha! Ha!

2 comments:

The Thorsrud Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! YEA!! I here you with the stinky house part. I am in the same boat . Mine always stinks. I have to have things perfect and the windows open to feel like it doesnt stink. haha. We get nice sniffers with being preggo huh? Poor husbands. :0( Well CONGRATS again and take care.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on reaching the end of your first trimester!! You did it! You will be feeling that baby bouncing around in no time. I am so glad Katie and you are enjoying the fall season, It is my favorite season. So many changes, so many new smells, ahhh time to make those yummy comfort foods, and desserts. Enjoy your Fall festivals. Kiss bug for me, and pat the baby. Love, Sister Sandy