Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Prayer Request

Prayer Request
A friend of mine, Cindy, is requesting your prayers for her niece, Allison. Allison found out she was pregnant last week, about 3-4 weeks. Yesterday, Cindy received a phone call from her sister and Allison's mom, Judy. Allison had a sonogram done yesterday during her doctor's appointment. Unfortuately, they discovered that there was no baby, instead Allison has a tumor. She will undergo an emergency surgery this morning to remove the tumor. They don't know if the tumor is cancer. Please remember her and her family today.

I spoke to my neighbor, Evelyn, yesterday. As you know, she lost her husband last May to a heart attack, while turkey hunting in Indiana. Evelyn's had a hard time off and on. She said that it's just too hard for her to give him up. She told me that she'll catch herself watching the back door, waiting for Charles to come walking through that door. I don't know what she must be feeling or what she might be going through. With the holidays soon approaching, I'm sure she will need many many prayers for her and her family to get through it. She herself has health problems: heart, leg and weight problems. Bless her heart, she has been working very hard to get her weight under control. I asked her about her weight because I've noticed for some time how the pounds seem to be shedding off of her. She told me yesterday that she has lost a total of 52 pounds since Charles' death.

No comments: