Friday, December 26, 2008


Well, it's the day after Christmas and everything is quiet and peaceful once again. It's amazing how your head spins the week of Christmas.

I was beginning to worry if I was ever going to get Mom and Dad's slideshow complete. Doug and I worked up to the day before Christmas Eve. Shoo! The movie ended up being a little over 2 hours long with 35 + songs. Us sisters decided to wait and play the disk after everyone else opened up their gifts. You talk about shock and awh. At first, I think, Mom and Dad thought the movie was from their Anniversary party because I started it out with their wedding. Then, it finally hit Dad and began getting choked up. We told them about us sneaking all of their slides out of their house and put them on disk. Mom's mouth stayed open with shock the whole time and Dad was very emotional. I think our present was a hit with our parents.
Like every year, we had a very blessed Christmas. Katie has been so good about messing with the presents under the tree. Bless her heart! She began to get impatient by Monday with the presents. I would catch her walking around the house with a wrapped gift. She'd ask me every day, if it was Christmas yet.

She loved the Christmas Eve party because she loves being with her grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, Layla and Charlie. She wouldn't leave those poor dogs alone. Layla has learned to hide, but Charlie is still a puppy and doesn't know better. Maryann was Santa this year and Katie was her little Elf, passing out all the presents. Katie got so many nice gifts from everyone from dresses, Barbies to jewelry. Sandy made her a quilted chalk board. She was having a good time with it until, I think, Charlie got a hold of her chalk. LOL! The chalk ended up in three pieces.

Baby Colton received an Alabama Football bib and a beautiful quilt made by my sister, Sandy. Thank you so much Sandy for the quilt.

On Christmas morning, I had to go wake Katie up. She was so overwhelmed in the presents and the fact that Santa Claus did come to leave her gifts. The Ponyville Amusement Park was a hit. She played with it for a long time before we could get her to open up a present. She gave each gift her own personal attention, that's because she took forever opening up all of her gifts. She would open a present, play/look at it for a while before she would open up another one. Later, she told me that Santa sure was nice to give her all of these gifts. It was cute. As we were getting ready to go over to Millard and Peggy's for lunch, Katie was asking if she could take all of her new gifts to show Grandma and Paw-Paw. She was satisfied with taking all of her ponies, Barbies and new book.

Katie had a big surprise waiting for her at Grandma Peggy and PawPaw Millard's. As soon as we got there, she wanted to open presents. We made her wait until we could unload the car. She was so impatient. She couldn't understand why there was only one present for her under the tree. She kept asking if there were anymore presents for her.

Katie was so surprised when she saw what Santa Claus left her in the garage.

Would you believe that the Jeep had a working radio? Katie had it down pat - she'd get in on the driver side, buckle her seat belt, turn on the radio and away she went. She had some trouble steering the Jeep. Grandma and PawPaw had to help her steer her way around objects. We were ready, if she insisted the Jeep to come home with her. I was a little surprised that she was okay with it staying at Grandma and PawPaw's house. Other pictures are on the photosite.


Laura said...

Love the jeep! It fits Katie to a T! Alise wouldn't wear the Santa shirt that Katie has on. She will hardly wear anything that has something on the front...says it itches her. Whell.

Glad ya'll had a Merry Christmas!

The Thorsrud Family said...

Katie is such a cutie pie. Glad you had a Merry Christmas!