Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ode To Susan

Susan called me the other day and expressed her disappointment in my blog. Not really knowing what I was doing, I had not published enough pictures of her as a child compared to the other sisters. So, this post is just for Susie Q. A little piece of information. Susan's hair was so blonde that it was nearly white. She had the nickname "Toe Head" when she was little.







By the way, I'm so proud of myself. I've got all the slides in the slideshow, along with a menu and titles. Yay!!!! Now, all I've got to do is music. I've got a list started. I know my dad told me that he loves the song "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong and mom loves the song "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" by The Beach Boys. I'm open for suggestions and would love to hear your picks. Trust me, I need lots of songs for this slideshow because there are so many photos. Please feel free to leave me a comment with your song suggestions for the slideshow. As you can tell, all of these photos are very old approximately from 1930's - 1980's. Thanks!

Prayer Update

I received an update on Emily this morning. According to her sister, she has staph pneumonia and her O2 sat is low today. She's been coughing up reddish tint mucus. The doctors are trying to find out why her O2 is low and why she coughing up the blood-tinged mucus. She's been on oxygen and she received two units of blood last night. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Susan is cracking me up! Jealous Sister, isn't she?

Anyway, I would think Beatles, Elvis Presley, Van Morrison, Cher, Madonna...that should be enough to get you started.

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Susan's nickname, given to her by Grandpa Brindley, was...Whitey. Gees how would you spell that? White-ie? Anyway...Okay, music..
Sweet Home Alabama
Amazing Grace
We are Family
Pretty Woman
I love Rock n Roll
Blowing in the Wind
They call the wind Mirya
Chid of Mine
You have got a friend
Love lifted me
Cats in the Cradle
Dad loved the Big Band Era music. No words, just music. Good country western music too.