Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Galaxy of Lights


We visited our local Botanical Gardens for the annual "Galaxy of Lights" exhibit. They seem to really go all out. We didn't get to go last year, but I think there were more lighting displays this year than the year before last.


Katie was so excited that she couldn't stay in her seat. She was switching from the back seat to sitting between Doug and I up front.


Cinderella's Pumpkin Carriage and Castle was one of her favorites. She kept asking me where Cinderella and the Prince was at.


One of my favorite is driving through the snowflakes. It just puts you right into the season.


Apparently, some local elementary schools were having a painting contest. Peggy and I noticed this one contestant's name and I had to take a picture of it. Could it be anyone we know? Hmmm! Just joking! Laura, did you ever think there was another Laura Horton with such good artistic skills?

Just some more pretty lights



All the photos taken last night are found on our photosite.

Movies In Review
Doug rented "The Women" for me the other day. I really didn't know what to expect, but I thought it would be good because of the star cast - Meg Ryan, Annette Benning, Jada Pinkett Smith, Debra Messing, Eva Mendes, Candice Bergen and Bette Midler. You would think with all of these fantastic actresses that this movie would be great. Well, I really don't know what to think about it. Even now after I just finished watching it, I don't know if I like it or not. I did find a lot of parts humorous and funny. I guess since I have a good relationship in my marriage, I can't relate to it as well as others. If you're a middle age woman going through a divorce or a career change, this movie is definitely for you.

By the way, I also finished watching the end of "Wanted" and I have to say that this movie isn't for me. Doug and I were very disappointed in the end. It's definitely action packed with lots of twists and turns, but it was very unrealistic.

1 comment:

Allison said...

We liked Wanted, but we didn't really expect much from it. It was totally unrealistic, but storyline wise we thought it was a bit original. Travis said its based on a comic book series as well, or a graphic novel. I haven't seen The Women, but after seeing your review on it I think I'll pass. We watched The X Files movie and unless you were a fan of the show, I'd have to recommend passing on it too. I took Anya to see Marley and me this past Saturday and it was very good. Sad, and its not so much a dog movie as a movie about the family, but I read the book so I knew what to expect. There were a lot of kids in there though and I have to say that Anya did like it. I think she'll like Hotel for Dogs better though as it is geared towards kids.
Hope you guys can come by in the next week or two. I'm getting a bit stir crazy in the house and we are trying to stay inside with Arwen as much as possible right now with all the colds and flu going around.
Sorry such a long comment. I'll try to call later and maybe we can chat a while! Hope you are feeling well.