Saturday, January 10, 2009

We're Into Our 3rd Trimester . . . Whoo Hoo!


Yay! We made it to our 7 month or 28 weeks. I don't know about you, but I feel like celebrating! In fact, Doug's on his way to New China to get me my favorite dish . . . General Tso's Chicken with fried rice.

I know my calculator to the left says that I have 11 weeks and 6 days left, but Lord willing it will be much sooner than that. According to Dr. Kakani, she said that when I reach 38 weeks, she will let me pick out a date, if baby and mommy are still doing well. Officially, I'll be 38 weeks March 20th. Whoo Hoo! I'm going through lower back problems, which is affecting my walking. I'm taking Tylenol and Tylenol PM, which seems to be helping a little. I've been told by several people including my doctor that the back pain is from carrying the baby so low. I've been trying to tell myself that it won't be long now. Like any other expecting mother, it's been hard to stay positive during the rough times. I've never realized until now, how much Doug and Katie need me around here. When I'm out of commission, it affects my whole household.

New Bass Pro Shop


We decided to go visit the new Bass Pro Shop yesterday at Leeds. It's like every other Bass Pro Shop that I've been into. Katie really enjoyed looking around at the different stuffed animals and the huge fish tank. I liked how they had a General Store with all kinds of goodies inside. I bought us some Chocolate Walnut fudge. Oh, it was so good and moist. It made a nice snack before we could get to Cracker Barrel for supper. Doug doesn't have a pray with Katie and I loving Cracker Barrel. Tehe!

On the way over there, we stopped by the galleria. JC Penny was having a sale on their maternity clothes, so I got a top and a pair of jeans. I like the pants with big panels much better, but what is it with the length. I know Liz had trouble finding pants that were not long enough, but I'm having problems finding the X-Large size with shorter lengths. Doug thinks I should just cuff the ends and go. I'm sorry, but I just don't like the cuff look. I think I'll try to find someone who alters jeans. Do alternation shops alter jeans? I've never heard of it.

Anyway, Katie and I left JC Penny and went straight to Disney. It's been a very long time since Katie has gotten to go to a Disney Store, since the one in Huntsville closed up. I wanted to stock up on their Summer Sleep gowns that they had advertised for $7.99. Unfortunately, they didn't have any in stock. They did have the regular character pajamas for $4.99, but Katie won't wear the PJs. I did however, find her an Ariel hat and matching scarf. She loves it! This morning as she is wearing her new hat and scarf, she told me that she was ready for the snow. I also wanted to get Katie another blanket and they had their Princess fleece throws for $7.99. Katie had a blast looking at everything in that store. Of course, we had to get our strawberry/banana smoothie and salted pretzel for a snack. Yummy! Katie grabbed the smoothie out of my hand and drank nearly the whole thing before we got to the Bass Pro Shop.

Spring Recital
I wasn't for sure if Katie would be involved in the Spring Ballet Recital. Well, it's official that she will be included. I'm so excited for her. Ever since I got to watch during practice the one time, she'll ask me if I'm going to get to watch her again. I asked her if she likes everyone watching her dance and she said yes. I just hope she'll still feel that way when it comes to recital time. The recital is titled "Giselle" and the costumes look like Dutch dresses. It will be in late May and I don't know if they'll sell tickets or not for the public. I guess I'll find out more information when time comes and I'll pass it along to you. Her rehearsals begin the month of February.

Today, I took Katie to the studio to be fitted for her costume. She couldn't understand fully as to what was going on when Ms. Elaine was measuring her. I showed her the picture of her costume for the first time. I don't think she liked it because it was mint green gingham and not pink, but she'll have to get over it. She kept asking me, but what about my pink ballet.

Christmas
Ms. Evelyn and Will came over for a little bit this morning to give Katie her Christmas presents. It been a little bit of a challenge to get the kids together during the Christmas break because Katie's been gone most of the time. They gave her three different magnetic dress up dolls from Melissa and Doug, which is right up Katie's alley. She's been playing with them all afternoon. She also got a cute German style ornament for the tree. I told her that we would pack it away and put it up on the tree next year. Colton even got another Christmas present from Angela and Bob (Will's parents). CLOTHES! Yay! I was so tickled to get clothes. I told Evelyn that it will be different around here with a little boy.

As soon as Will came in the house, he started looking around. I asked him what he was looking for and finally he asked where the new baby was at. I had to giggle at him. I told him that it was still in my belly. You could tell that I busted his bubble. He looked at me so sad and said "oh, man". I assured him it won't be long now.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Great post! I was wondering if you had bought any little boy things and where Colton's crib would go....

Allison said...

Hey there. Alteration shops do alter jeans, I had some done by my friend but they do alter them. I know the Grandma's laundry over here by us in Good Hope does alterations and they are really nice. I have some extra large maternity pants if you'd like to have mine, I have a khaki and black pair with the big panels and I really liked them. You are welcome to borrow them if you'd like...the length of them on me worked fine. Anya has been asking to see Katie so maybe you guys can come over soon...

The Keyes Family said...

I sent your box in the mail on friday i think. Let me know when it makes it there. I sent it cheapest shipping so i wouldn't expect it till friday or sat earliest. lol.
Poor will made me laugh in this post. It's funny what goes thru the minds of children.