Monday, November 7, 2011

Coconut Joys

Photobucket

Coconut Joys Recipe
3 cups shredded coconut
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 stick butter
Semi-sweet chocolate chips

Melt butter.  Stir in coconut and sugar.  Form into 1 inch balls and refrigerate.  Melt the chocolate chips and drizzle on top.  Chill before serving.

Note: I added a cup of chopped pecans into the mixture.  Pecans doesn't want to stick real well to the rest of the mixture, but it is so good and a great crowd pleaser.  Instead of using chocolate chips, I used baking almond chocolate blocks.  Microwave 3 blocks for 90 seconds at 100% high power and then 15 second intervals until nice and smooth.  I wanted the candies nice and hard, so I put them on wax paper inside a large Tupperware container and stuck into the freezer.  I'm sure you can make these babies ahead of time and keep in the freezer or fridge. 
Mirya

No comments: