Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thanks-Giving Day 8

Day 8 - I'm thankful for the location and actual house that I reside in. It was 16 years from this month that God lead me and my husband to this very spot. We were so exhausted at looking at houses and just knew this was the first fixer-upper, we would enjoy fixing. This house has been there and seen us go through a LOT of changes and updates.

Photobucket
I think these Gumdrop Turkey are sooo cute and would make a great craft for the kids.  I found these gobblers Design.wash.rinse.repeat. 

This Thanksgiving, I'm sending my guest home with a little "I'm Thankful For You" gift. I got the idea from The Idea Room.  Each packets will have a "Blessings" message tied to them.  I thinks it's such a great idea.  Of course, I'm going to put my own spin on the gift by first sticking the Blessings mix packet inside everyones very own paper cornucopia.  I have the idea in my head, so we'll see how they turn out.  Wish me luck!  CLICK HERE for the free Blessings Mix printable notes.

Below is the instructions for the Blessings Mix:

This recipe will make about 16 blessing mix gift bags of about one-third cup each. Use cellophane goodie bags or zipper food storage bags to package this treat.

Ingredients:
2 cups Bugles brand corn snacks
2 cups small pretzels
1 cup candy corn
1 cup dried fruit bits or raisins
1 cup peanuts or sunflower seeds
1 cup M&Ms brand chocolate candy
16 Hershey's brand chocolate kisses
Directions:
In a large bowl, gently mix all ingredients except Hershey's Kisses. Place 1/3 to 1/2 cup Blessing Mix in small cellophane treat bags. Add one Hershey's Kiss to each bag.
Makes 16 Blessing Mix gift bags
Blessing Mix
2 C Bugles
2 C Pretzels
1 C Candy Corn
1C Dried Fruit
1 C Sunflower Seeds
These are shaped like a cornucopia, the horn of plenty
The shape symbolizes our arms folded in thanks and prayer
During the first winter, the pilgrims were each allotted 5 kernels of corn per year because food was so scarce.
Thanksgiving is the celebration of the harvest
Seeds represent the potential of a bounteous harvest for the next season if they're planted and well tended.

"And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive
and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering;
being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times;
asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal;
"Always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive." Alma 7:23
(source: The Idea Room)
Mirya

No comments: