Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thanks-Giving Day 13

I won't write much tonight, I've hurt my wrist somehow and it's giving me fits. I just wanted to go ahead and post what I'm thankful for this the 13th Day of November.

I'm thankful for living in the South! I was born and raised here in the good old South and I LOVE IT! The weather never stays the same everyday, so you never get bored. The hillsides this autumn has been absolutely gorgeous, just like a Thomas Kincaid painting with all the colors. So beautiful! You just can't get that any where. The smiling faces, I see every single day of my life. We all have our ways of greeting each other, whether we know each other or not. Men usually smile and nod, while ladies smile and mouth "hey." The small talk at the checkout line, whether it be from the clerk or the person waiting in line with you. It's automatic mommy talk in line, when you see there is another mommy right behind you. We may swap recipes or advice within the next couple of minutes you maybe in line. It's a wonderful place to live. You never drive a few miles without seeing a church or some sort of Christian run organization. Our favorite saying if you say or did something stupid is "Bless your heart." If you are having a hard time in life, we respond with "bless your heart." If you are generous and giving, we respond with "well, bless your heart" or "God bless ya darlin'." It's amazing how many ways a simple sentence could mean sooo many different things like "God bless you" or "Bless your heart." I love it! I love the fact people that are not from around here, think us Southerns are stupid because of our accent. When they see some of the few idiots on television interviews, acting crazy, automatically think there are nothing but a bunch of rednecks livin' down here. We'll just keep givin' you a big ol' smile and say "Bless Your Heart!" We love our God, men, family, football and guns. We are not afraid to LOVE our friends and family. Support our boys out on the field.  Most of us believe in conservation and self defense, when needed. If you wear Bama apparel, be expected to be greeted with a "ROLL TIDE."

Yes, I LOVE the South! So, I would like to send you a big "ROLL TIDE" and a heart felt "well, bless your heart."

Mirya

No comments: