Tuesday, March 20, 2007

American Idol

Wow! Melinda "Do a Lot" did outstanding. I just love her! I really thought Melinda, LaKisha and Jordin did wonderful. I really enjoy their singing and performances. I have to say I was disappointed in Stephanie. I expected a whole lot more than what she brought. I was just surprised. I have to say I even enjoyed Blake's performance. After tonight, I think I've changed my mind set on Sanjaya. I like him! He has great hair, he admits he's not the best singer in this competition, he makes young girls cry and he is humble enough to give that girl a huge. I still say HE CAN NOT SING, but he's cute. Poor Chris Richardson! I think Simon points out that Chris sounds nasally. I hate to say it, but I honestly think that's the way he sings. I don't think he can possibly change. I hope I'm wrong.

I've been keeping my eyes open for a pair of Mickey Mouse Crocs for Katie. I was beginning to think the sizes for these shoes start at size 6. We went to Belk's today, just to check out any bargains. I thought I would check out the Crocs once again and to my surprise, there they are. A pair of red/black Mickey Mouse Crocs in size 4/5. Woo Hoo!!!! We found them! Katie fell in love with them. I could not pry them from her possession until she fell asleep in the car. All I heard through the Belk store was "Mouse, Mouse." She was so happy, huging on her new shoes. Peggy asked me if I knew how to make an Easter Egg tree. I decorated a tree the first year Doug and I were married and it didn't turn out too good because there were no holes at the end of the plastic eggs and I was not about to decorate with real eggs. My Mom would use really eggs to decorate an Easter Egg tree. It always looked so nice, but it took a lot of work. Well, I checked out Wal-Mart's plastic eggs (not expecting them to have holes at the ends of the egg) and to my surprise, they have holes now. I'm learning all kinds of stuff today. I went ahead and got Peggy and us a bag of eggs. Needless to say, I made us an Easter Egg tree today. I have to say that it looks good. Katie had to help me of course. I have a feeling I'm going to have my hands full this Spring/Summer. It seems to me that Katie loves to get filthy dirty every time she plays outside. I don't care if it's just to walk around the yard. I think dirt is attracted to her or vice versa.

Put On Your Calendar
Women of Faith Conference - August 10-11, 2007 in Atlanta, GA at the Philips Arena. The group speakers will include the following: Luci Swindoll, Patsy Clairmont, Sheila Walsh, Nicole Johnson, Marilyn Meberg, Anita Renfroe, and Sandi Patty (great singer). The special guests will be: Nicole Mullen & Carol Kent. I'm not familiar with Mullen & Kent, but I do know the others and they are great. You will laugh, cry and take back a lot of mixed emotions, which I personally feel it is the Holy Spirit awakened and ready to do some work in your life. Women of Faith will not have a conference in Alabama this year, but if you have the opportunity to go to Atlanta, GA or Houston, TX (Sept. 28-29, 2007), please go and you will get a wonderful blessing. I promise! Here's the link for convenience: http://www.womenoffaith.com/conferences/dates/07dates.asp . Hopefully Women of Faith will be coming to a town near you.

Motivational Quote of The Day
"He who lives without discipline dies without honor." Icelandic Proverb

Take Care & God Bless You!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hey Girl! Can't wait to see the crocs! I didn't know they even made Mickey Mouse crocs!! I have already spent so much money on Alise for shoes this summer. She is sandal poor. It's funny that you mentioned the crocs...Wayne called me today at work and said he had just delivered a TON of 'em to a store in Winnsboro and asked what color I wanted for Alise. Of course, I said, pink, but he didn't get them today. Maybe tomorrow. I'm going to be sending you a package in a few days, if Wayne can remember to bring a box home. I went through Alise's clothes and there weren't as many things as I thought. I also bought Katie a book at the AlphaKidz fair last weekend. I'll send all of it as soon as I can! Hugs - Laura