Thursday, March 22, 2007

March 22, 2007

What a busy day! We finally mailed the Keyes family their packages. I'm sorry I only have Mom's Birthday slideshow. I kept it so long hoping to include something else (pictures, letter, etc.), but it never worked out for me. We ran a few errands and headed for the park. Today was the first time Katie has ever been to play on the playgound at the park. It was so beautiful and practically HOT. I've got the sunburn to prove it. There were several children of all ages at the park. Katie had a blast! She made several friends both boys & girls. One boy around 5 years old was fascinated by Katie. Pierce, little boy, started out by aggravating her and I just let her work it out with him. Before he left, he was helping and playing around with her. She thought he was so funny! I have to say Katie's got good taste because he was a cute little boy and I like the name Pierce. I got to mingle with a couple of the Mothers there while we watched our little ones play with each other. Madelyn, little girl around 4 or 5 yrs. old, took up with me, while I was talking with her Mom. She was a little talker! Madelyn was being a Miss Mother to Katie while we were there. I took our video and digital cameras. This being our first time, I was afraid I would be too distracted so I didn't use them. Maybe the next time we go I'll feel more comfortable. I thought she would give me a hard time when it was time to leave. I told her we had to go get ready to see Grandma & Grandpa tonight, she was ready to go. She was so tired when we got home. She likes being read to before she goes to sleep. I didn't even get to finish the story before she was out like a light.

Doug and Millard finally got the play castle put together. It looks great! Katie really likes it. We let her slide and swing for a little bit at 9:30 p.m. We had a big spot light to help her see where she was going. Tomorrow, she'll have more time to play with it.

Motivational Quote of the Day
"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." - Helen Keller

Take care and I'll talk to ya later.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Love Katie's pigtails!! Alise did, too!!