Sunday, March 25, 2007

New Play Activity Set


Last Thursday, Millard & Doug got Katie's new activity set all set up outside. She seems to like it pretty good. It's taking her awhile to warm up to it. Right now, I'm having a problem with her roaming over to the neighbor's house. Of course, she has selective hearing and she can't hear me holler her name several times. That night, we grilled out pork chops from Smith Farms - they are soooo good! If you have access to Smith Farms' store, I recommend their smoked pork chops.

Doug was off work Friday, so we went off galavanting. He found a set of phones that he had to have. After he got them all set up and working, I didn't like it because one of the phones wouldn't answer when the phone rang. We set off Saturday morning to trade the phones for a different type. Well, he didn't find any in Cullman, so we headed to Decatur. While Katie and I were shopping at Hobby Lobby, Doug went to Staples and got the phones. That night, Doug decided he didn't like it. Needless to say, we went back to Decatur yesterday and got another different brand from Staples.

I finally watched "One Night with the King" (story of Esther). It was good. It is one of these movies that you have to really pay attention (even if you know the story) because I had to watch it twice. I watched "The Holiday" with Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law (gorgeous!) & Jack Black. I thought it was a real nice chic flick. I'm going to have to watch it again before I turn it in. I didn't care for "Little Miss Sunshine" at all. The language is terrible! I guess that's what they consider comedy. Movie Gallery also had "The Nativity Story" and "St. Peter." I went ahead and rented them because I really wanted to see them and any other time, they would be rented out.

This week, I plan to finish cleaning up my last flowerbed, spread mulch in the beds, and pick up some bedding flowers. Nicholas told me tonight, he and Leslie were out on Spring Break. I told him to come by and spend some time with me one day, if they had nothing else to do. I also need to clean house and the inside of the truck (dirty!). My Aunt Sherry & Uncle Roger are suppose to come visit this week. Mom said Sherry wanted to get together and have lunch, which always sounds nice.

Next Saturday, we are invited to take Katie up to Friendship Methodist for an Easter Egg Hunt. I've been so excited! I got Katie a smaller basket, so it would be easier to handle. I thought it was cute - flower. I need to get her a slip for the dress I want her to wear that day. Peggy said they are having a little refreshments afterwards. I was really hoping our church would have an Egg Hunt, but we're not. Instead, we are having an Easter Pageant on Easter Eve and Easter Day. I've volunteered to greet for Easter Eve night. I hated that I missed the Christmas Pageant because Katie was sick, so Lord willing I hope to see the Easter program.

Motivational Quote of the Day
"There is no limit to what you can imagine. And with commitment, with effort, what you can imagine you can become. Put your mind to work for you. Believe that you can do it. The world will tell you that you can't. Yet, in your belief you'll find the strength, you'll find the ability, to do it anyway." - Ralph Marston

Take care & God Bless You!

No comments: